A few eyes stared at her, gossip whisked in the air. She did not bother with them, or even look up to them, but she kept her smile on as everyone passed by her. Michelle was sure that they were mocking her - a student who is actually a janitor.

        Avian James Academy is a well-known school, where most of the students are either well off or rich. But that did not bother her at all. Michelle was there and that was it, she was grateful. As everyone passed by and whispered against her, she just went about his business and ignored them.

        Slowly, she dropped the mop head on the floor and the water that seeped into it trailed onto the wooden, mahogany floor. As if in a trance, she glided the mop in soft curves and twists as if painting a canvas held by no frame. Gracefully, she cleaned the floor with finesse and speed, which appeared as if she was no amateur to this business.

        Despite her flawless execution and handle of the mop, the truth was far from what is seen. Michelle had only been a janitor for two weeks - merely a few days before the start of the new semester. For a normal teen, it was not a job one would agree to accept, but she was the exception of the job.

        "I see you're diligent as ever," spoke a low husky voice that made Michelle jolt at his presence. "In cleaning, I meant." He smiled as he walked over to her, minding where he treaded, aware that the floor was wet. The sign said it all, though it proved useless when there was almost none left in the campus - save the teachers.

        The few who had seen him pass by in his purple and grey jacket, eyed him like he was a piece of meat. David was indeed handsome, he was easy on the eyes, and his body was not less than attractive. Girls would swoon with just a stare, but he was oblivious to it; it's not that he did not like women, but he just doesn't bother.

        "David, I see you're still trespassing." Michelle chirped mischievously as she heaved a sigh of relief.

        "I startled you, no?" David asked as he finally reached her and handed her a paper bag that emitted a sweet scent of strawberries.

        "What is this?" Michelle queried back as she looked curiously at the bag, which made the young, blonde man chuckle. His grey eyes stared at her for a moment as if to examine if he had reason to doubt her.

        "Dinner from Finnegan," He replied as Michelle raised a brow and took it, briefly peeking at its contents. "He knows you won't be home tonight."

        "I appreciate it, David. Although, you didn't have to come all the way here." Michelle humbly replied, but the young blonde only smiled and patted her head.

        "I will leave you be." He spoke softly, his eyes emitting a strange fondness for her. "Remember that you need to be at the dorms by nine tonight."

        "Thank you," Michelle smiled warmly at him, which sent me him an air of kindness about her. "For everything."

        The young man just smiled and went his way, hands in his pockets as he felt his heart bounce against his chest. As went past the double doors of the well-renowned academy, Michelle resumed her work after safely storing he food she got, though she did not need it until later. Though, it was a kind gesture that she appreciated.

        After a few hours of mopping the long, wide hallways of the academy, the sun had finally gone down and Michelle was done. Left alone in the whole academy, the silence filled each and every room in the building, which made her sigh. The silence was a welcome sound to her.

        Michelle had always preferred the silence over anything else, it calms her and it lets her think alone. Though the sentiment is rather lonesome, she did not mind. She never once had any friends and was used to the quietness, and the stories behind the pages of a book. It was enough to satisfy her and she was incredibly content.