"A party?"

"I guess that's what humans would call it. Everyone's been invited, including us. I thought you should know."

xxx

"Julie! Hey, Julie!" Lola heaved, the sound of her feet slapping against the hard floor as she bolted towards the girl echoed. 

The brunette turned around sharply and collided with the blonde, both sending each other tumbling.

"What's wrong?" Julie chortled while getting to her own feet and dusting her jeans.

"Do you know about the species visiting the ship? They're coming tonight."

"Oh, the Olphiets? Sestru told me about them. Very strange and sexy, apparently."

Lola stood up next Julie and they huddled into a corner to carry on the conversation.

"What do you mean?" She asked

"Well he said they look like our version of supermodels, you know? Tall, thin and VERY pretty. They also live for a very long time but are infertile. I'm not sure about that part, though."

"Egris said they've helped the Xyons and this party is some sort of thank you. Do you know any more? Sorry for all the questions."

"No problem. There was some sort of war - Sestru didn't go into details but the main point is Olphiets helped a lot. Made sure they won. So I guess they can't all be bad."

"No, I guess not. Hey, Julie? Can we meet up by the escalator and got to the party together? Somehow I don't see Egris as the party type."

"Sure, I was going to ask you anyway. All the other girls don't want to talk to each other. I've got to get going now but I'll see you tonight, Yeah?"

"Yeah. have fun!"

"Will do!" Julie called back while she jogged down the rest of the corridor.

Very tall, sexy infertile warrior women? That's new. And they would be here - tonight. And they helped an already strong species win some war? God, the girls had some competition.

Lola made her way back to the rooms, still thinking about the Olphiets. She couldn't wrap her head around the fact that they all looked like models - very pretty ones at that. God, Lola couldn't hold a candle up to them.

But she would damn well try.

xxx

7 pm rolled around far too quickly. Lola found herself in front of the mirror, sweating, red and increasingly frustrated. She cursed her past self for not thinking of this eventuality and only packing two dresses. One was short and a deep wine red with thin spaghetti straps. She had bought it online after a night of moderate drinking but regretted it when it arrived. 

It was pretty, very pretty but Lola wouldn't wear it. It was the sort of dress that looked gorgeous on others but a sack on her. No, that wouldn't do.

The other dress was the one she wore to her prom many moons ago. Lola had completely forgotten about it until she started packing and found it in a dusty corner of her wardrobe. It was classy yet casual and covered up her bare arms, something which she appreciated immensely. Lola doubted that Egris had any dresses to lend her and she wasn't up to asking him, although he probably didn't have the humour to get annoyed. 

So her powder blue prom robe would have to do. It was a relic coming out for one last performance around some sexy alien supermodels. Great.

 Great