chapter 33- too close

KATHY'S POV

When I arrived at the M & M hotels there were workmen on site, as the building was in the first stage of being renovated.

Naglakad ako papunta sa reception desk pero walang tao dito dahil isinarado na ang building few weeks ago.

I turned and looked up at the staircase and locked gazes with Matthew, who was standing on the floor looking down at me. Mabilis ang naging pagtibok ng puso ko habang bumababa ito sa hagdan.

"Hello, Kathy."

Naramdaman ko ang pagtayo ng mga balahibo ko ng lumapit siya sa harapan ko. His black hair was glossy back with moisture, as if he had not long showered. I could smell his aftershave, and the clean, male scent of his body, and my brain flooded with the images of how he looked wet in the shower.

"Ang akala ko ay hindi ka na pupunta." He said.

I blinked at him. Ang isip ko ay nasa pag-iisip pa din ng itsura niya sa loob ng shower. My heart beating so quickly I could hear a roaring in my ears. "Um...I need the money..." sabi ko at mabilis ko tong pinagsisihan ng biglang dumilim ang mga titig ni Matthew. "I mean it's for Jamie...she wanted the contract so bad so I am here." I bit my lip, hating that I sounded so unprofessional.

MATTHEW'S POV

I looked down at her for a lengthy moment. I had spent the last two days thinking about her, wondering how would it feel to have her in my bed again.

Hindi ko na ikinagulat pa ang naging reaksyon ko. After all I had felt the same way when I first saw her. Seeing her again had brought back a rush of memories of how responsive she had been in my arms. I had never experienced anything like it before or since. I felt my groin tightening even now, thinking of how her body had given pleasure to me. Her limbs that snaked around me, her body rocking and shuddering with the verge of release, until I had exploded with mind-blowing pleasure.

Mabuti nalang at nagdesisyon akong hindi muna aminin sa kanya na mahal ko siya. I love her so much four years ago but she had tried to deceive me. That would had been the ultimate humiliation, to have her know how deeply I cared for her habang siya ang nagpaplano kung paano ako sasaktan at lolokohin.

"So you have decided to work for me after all, Kathy?" I said after the too-long silence.

Kathy moistened her mouth with her toungue. Pinapahirapan niya talaga ako sa mga ginagawa niya.

"Yes...I have."

"Because you need the money."

She swallowed twice before she could find her voice again. Sa kanya na din nanggaling that she always just wanted the money. "Sabi mo nga malaking contract ito. It's also a very time-consuming one. At hindi lang naman ikaw ang client na--"

"Your business partner Jamie Lancaster can see to those while you work for me."

"Hindi mo naiintindihan, this project is way too big to single-handedly." She said. "I need Jamie and other freelance designers."

"Ikaw ang bahala. I am sure you are more capable of creating a design team for this project." I said.

"It's not just that." She took a deep breath. "I'm concerned about how things are..between us."

My eyes narrowed. "What do you mean?"

She hoisted her handbag over he shoulder as she ran the palms of her hand down the sides of her skirt. "Hindi tayo magkaibigan, Matthew."

"We do not need to be friends to get down to business, Kathy."

"This remains strictly a business arrangement." She said.