A Day Off

A week had passed from the resorting day, Harry, Ron and Hermione were still close and Harry, Blaise and Draco were also growing closer.

"Sooooo what do we have today, losers?" Harry asked.

"Spoken like a true Slytherin, and we get Friday off!" Blaise said happily.

"Just us Slytherins?"

"Yes sir!" Blaise whooped, causing people to look at them. Blaise suddenly got really embarrassed and looked down at his plate. Harry laughed.

"Pathetic! A couple looks and you've gone red. God if I did that, red would be my permanent face colour."

"Whatever 'cHoSeN oNe'" Draco said while laughing.

"So what do you Slytherins do on a day off?" Harry asked.

"Uh study and just chill I guess?" Malfoy replied.

"Boringgggg"

"Whatever Potter, since you're unfortunately one of us you will be studying with us in our rooms for a while then we can do whatever you want. Fair?" Draco asked with a grin.

"Fair."

"But first, eat or explain why you aren't eating, either one."

Harry looked down at his plate awkwardly, he hadn't ever told Ron and Hermione why he didn't eat, but they had caught on and had tried to make him eat. But he couldn't, if he started eating heaps now he would starve in the summer, he had to prepare. How would he explain this to Malfoy and Blaise.

"Well it's not really something I enjoy talking about," Harry mumbled "I'll tell you later."

"Fine let's go back to our common room then." Blaise said stuffing a few muffins in his bag.( the cupcake ones not English ones).

Together they walked back to the dungeons stopping at the portrait of Salazar Slytherin.

"Password?" He asked boredly. "Ooh a parselmouth, finally, well go ahead boy."

"Oh you know your beloved basilisk, yeah I killed that you absolute muggle-born hating scumbag." Harry spoke in parseltongue.

"Boy you do realise I can understand parseltongue so watch your mouth" said the portrait as it swung open and the three boys walked in and plopped down on a couch, Harry and Draco sitting quite close.

"What did you tell him?" Draco asked a huge grin on his face.

"I told him I killed his beloved basilisk and called him a scumbag."

Draco threw a pillow at him and called him rude. For the next fifteen minutes the three boys studied in comfortable silence, until Draco asked what's a priori incantatem charm. Blaise also did not know what it was so they both looked to Harry.

"It's when two wands with the same core duel and occasionally these ghost like figures which are the people the wand last killed emerge from the wand." Harry said quietly. Draco and Blaise both looked at him oddly.

"And how do you know that?"

"Me and Voldemort's wands share the same core, so when we duelled..."

"Oh, sorry I shouldn't have asked Harry."

"It's alright."

Draco then threw down his notes.

"Alright cmon lets have some 'Gryffindor' fun, I'm bored of this."

"Bet" Harry said with a huge grin.

The two of them shot up and pulled on their cloaks. Blaise however stayed sitting claiming he had homework to finish.

Harry and Draco then strolled out of the common room happily talking without a care in the world. For the next couple of hours they raced around on their brooms enjoying themselves and the great weather.

After they both grew tired of flying they plopped down next to a tree. Harry leaned against the tree and rested his eyes.

"Harry? I hope you don't mind but er what's your home life like? I've uh noticed you don't exactly get a lot of letters."

"Um well not great you could say. I live with my Muggle aunt and uncle and they hate wizards and well think I'm and freak and that. My cousin basically uses me as a punching bag and my uncle encourages it and even sometimes joins in and I used to sleep under the stairs but now I have my own bedroom. And well that's why I don't eat. Because when I'm there I don't get a lot of food so I try and starve myself here, because if I don't then I'll have trouble adjusting to like nothing." Harry said quickly happy to finally get it of his chest. Draco had an angry look on his face.

"They what? Harry that's awful, how could they? Have you told Dumbledore?" Draco insisted.

"Dumbledore knows, I'm living there because if I don't I'm in danger and while I'm there Voldemort can't attack me or something." Harry said glumly.

"That's so effed up!" Draco said angrily. Harry merely shrugged.

"So what's your home life like?" Harry asked Draco.

"Not great either. My mother is great, she's really supportive and caring, basically what a mother should be... I wish I could say the same about my father. He beats me, or sometimes even c-crucios me for 'not acting like a true Malfoy' and has been drilling in anti muggle and muggleborn stuff into my head before I could walk." Draco said through a sob. He hadn't ever opened up to someone like this before, and it felt good to get it off his chest.

"Hey it's alright Draco, c'mere." Harry said softly, pulling Draco into a hug. And although neither of them would ever admit it, they both enjoyed it.