Chapter 11

Can I take a break?!

"Go and run another lap."

Sweats were already dripping so much on my body and I was absolutely panting heavily. In front of me is Ethan crossing his arms while staring at me in amusement. I was inwardly cursing his name because of how much he's making me tired. He said yesterday that tomorrow which is today, we are going to train together. My question is, why am I the only who's running around here?!

"Wh-why... are you... not running with..." I gulped and tried gathering my hoarse voice, "me?" I asked Ethan with a glare. This guy is purposely making me tired and making fun of me. As much as I like him for his beautiful abs, he failed me with his attitude. Is he actually a sadist?

"I've already passed that level. If you passed that level as well, you might found yourself practicing with me now." Ethan stated and handed me a bottle of cold water which I immediately grabbed. I opened the cap and hastily drank the cool and refreshing water as if I haven't drank water on my whole life.

After recovering, I lifted my head and returned the bottle that was now empty to Ethan. He took the bottle with an amuse gaze on his eyes while I visibly rolled my eyes towards him, "Can I take a break?!" I loudly requested while he stared at me, unmoving.

"If you don't want your body strong enough to wield a sword, sure." Ethan responded and walked away while I only stared at his back in astonishment. I just think I can't run anymore, if I do, I think I would faint in the middle of running. However, Ethan has a point. I'm pretty sure that he did much more training than I did and was just going easy on me. But at the same time, I've got a frail and weak body. It was already a miracle that I've finished one whole lap but to run the second time, I'm seriously going to faint.

Gathering my strength, I ran towards Ethan, catching up to his speed. "Look... My body is physically weak and I miraculously finished one round. However, I would instantly faint if I run again." I reminded Ethan desperately. I really wanted to learn swordsmanship but I can't possibly force my weak body to run another lap.

Ethan stopped walking and finally looked at me, his expression never changing, "Follow me." He stated and continued walking while I followed him as smoothly as I can. Ethan entered the train ground as I followed him from behind. The knights and guards looked at us and started gossiping like women does. However, Ethan fully ignored them and so, I did the same.

Ethan tossed me the same sword yesterday and I hardened my thin muscles to catch it. Luckily, I catch it without falling on the ground this time. I gripped the handle of the sword and took a deep breath. Slowly, I raised the sword, however like before, it only reached below my knee. Realising that, I did not bother to raise it anymore.

Ethan unsheathed his own sword and effortlessly raised it above his head, totally showing that he's very efficient with the sword. "To properly grip a sword, you must harden the muscles of your arms and learn how to roughen your hands at the handle of the sword so it wouldn't slip." Ethan discussed and moved his sword like the master that he is. "Remember, you are the master and the sword is your slave. If you can't move it like you want to, then your roles are reversed."

That phrases hit me hard. I looked at my sword and observed it, imagining myself being chained and being tortured by the sword. With that thought on mind, I sharpened my gaze and my passion to at least point this sword straight to Ethan engulfed my whole being.