23

Wilbur smiled at me. "Hey," he chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of his neck.

As soon as Schlatt put me on my feet, I ran over and hugged him, jumping into his arms. He almost tumbled over, but after dropping his suitcase, he caught me. I hid my face in the crook of his neck. Wilbur smelt like coffee and a walk in the woods. Mostly coffee, though.

"Are you crying?" he asked, lifting my head up. I guess I was because as he was caressing my cheek with his thumb, he wiped a tear or two away. I was just so happy and surprised to see him.

"What're you doing here?" I asked him. "You promised me you wouldn't just hop on some random flight-"

"I didn't, I didn't! I have plans with my friends. But the best part about it is that you're here, too." Wilbur rested his forehead against mine. "You're even prettier in person... and short."

"I wouldn't be as short if you weren't so tall."

"Hm... No, you'd still be short. I'd just be shorter," he chuckled.

I wanted to stay this close to Wilbur forever. I felt safe in his arms. It was almost like-

"Okay, okay, get a room you two!" Schlatt laughed. Wilbur shook his head, chuckling softly as he put me back on the ground.

"Speaking of rooms- Where do you two plan on staying?" Noah asked the two.

"Carson's letting me stay here," Schlatt said as he sat down on the couch.

"What about you, Wilbur?" Carson asked.

Wilbur looked at me again. "I, uh... Vee- Can I stay with you, perhaps? It's okay if you say no- I can find a hotel-"

I smiled. "Will, of course, you can."

He smiled back at me, nodding. "Okay. Cool."

"Cool," I chuckled.

Carson fake gagged. "You guys are grossly cute. Stop."

"More Uno! C'mon!" Travis said. "We can deal Schlatt and Wilbur in."

I looked up at Will. "You in?"

"Oh fuck yeah, let's go," he chuckled, holding his hand out for me. I smiled softly, intertwining my fingers with his as we walked over to where I was sat before on the couch. I had no idea how long he was staying but I knew I was gonna enjoy every second of it.