3

I felt the sun in my eyes and Lori yelling at someone. I looked over to see t-dog. My eyes was bloodshot from crying. I just I had fell asleep crying.

"Go to the highway!" I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at t-dog.

"No. That's where the herd came from!" T-dog yelled. I looked at him in his eyes. I guessed he saw my pain not knowing if Carl is alive or dead. I guess I'm sadder then Lori because he turned around and headed to the highway. all i could think about is carl. His green eyes when they shine in the sun. Beth stay strong.

Carl's pov~

I was so scared that Beth might not had made it. We was just walking around the highway. With my dad and beths dad.

"Dad, what if they aren't alive?" I started I'm not going to lie I was about to cry as then I saw a couple cars come.

"Maggie, gleen, coral, drayl." I said walking over to them crying. I was so happy to see them.

"Where's Beth?" I said happily and then everyone's smiles faded to sadness.

"No...no no no" I said crying again. My dad came up and hugged me. Because mom was die too now.

Beths pov~

We was 2 minutes away from the highway. I was still crying. Carl is out there he might be dead.

"It's them!" Lori yelled crying now. I looked up and saw the group clapping I then saw Carl on the ground. He is crying?

"My boy!" Lori yelled jumping out of the car and running to Carl. She give him a hug. She then goes to rick. I got out of the car and ran to Carl to hug him.

"Carl!" I yelled so happy to see him alive.

I went in for a hug. He stepped back.

What was that?

"Beth, what makes you think we are friends?" Carl asked me. I looked at him and at the ground.

"Nothing now." I said walking away letting out a tear but I wiped it away. I looked at him how was sad also.