"Even worse, I know what it's like to be terrified you've lost someone you love. The idea that she's spreading that kind of terror? That there are people reading this trash heap, and wondering if the people they care about are the 'bodies' she mentioned in this ridiculous rumor?" My voice had been steadily rising in volume, so I took a deep breath to calm back down. "Well, let's just say I'm not the biggest fan of Rita Skeeter, or any of the journalists like her."

Everyone else in the room nodded. I wasn't sure if they understood exactly what I was talking about, but they certainly shared my sentiment about Rita Skeeter.

After breakfast, pretty much all of the Weasleys decided it was time to take a nap. I, on the other hand, had work to do: my suit got damaged in the fight, and I needed to figure out just how bad it was.

I was just hoping I wouldn't have to tell my dad.

I decided to commandeer Percy's room for a makeshift workshop, since he wasn't likely to be back until late tonight. We were on good terms, and if all went to plan, he'd never know about it anyway.

With a little help from Ana, I quickly started an analysis of the physical suit and a diagnostic of all systems. Thankfully, there wasn't much damage to the suit's programs. The coding and the AI interface and all the technological magic my dad worked to make this suit run in the wizarding world were things I couldn't handle on my own. If something there had been damaged, I would've needed his help for sure.

The physical aspects of the suit, on the other hand, were a little worse for wear. Apparently spells could do damage similar to high-caliber ammunition, and a lot of the mechanical components of my armor were shot out.

At lest this was the kind of problem I could handle on my own. Nothing irreplaceable (without my dad) had been damaged, so I was getting off lucky. I'd just have to take some time to do all the mechanical repairs necessary.

I was confident enough in Percy's absence to keep using his room as a workshop as I started my repairs. I wanted to get them done as soon as possible, although I knew I'd need more than just today to work on it. I managed to get about halfway through everything though before I decided I'd been in Percy's room a little too long, and it was time to head back downstairs.

Later in the day, even after everyone had woken up from their naps, the mood was still pretty grim. Mr. Weasley and Percy weren't home from the Ministry until just before we went to bed, and that trend continued for the rest of the week. I barely saw Mr. Weasley or Percy, as they now had to spend all their time dealing with emergencies at work.

Bill and Charlie stayed with us through the end of the week, and we managed to have fun, but no one's mood quite recovered all the way from the events at the World Cup. I continued to commandeer Percy's room while no one was looking, and I actually managed to get the suit back up to full capacity in the week leading up to our return to Hogwarts. Finally, the last weekend of break rolled around. Mrs. Weasley was going to do all our Diagon Alley shopping for us on Saturday, and then Sunday would be our last night at the Burrow.

"Mrs. Weasley?" I started, finding her in the kitchen on Friday before dinner.

"Yes, Alexa dear, what is it?"

"I was wondering if you needed any help with the school shopping tomorrow. I've only been to Diagon Alley once, and I wouldn't mind going with you to help things go faster."

"Oh Alexa, that's so sweet! I won't turn down an extra pair of hands if you're really sure you want to go."

"I am."

"Well, wonderful then! We'll leave tomorrow morning, just after breakfast." She gave me a bright smile, which I returned. "Why don't you go and see if Ginny and Hermione want to come along? We can make it a girls trip."