"I'm not surprised about that. What was it? Eight months ago you moved out of his house?"

I nodded my head. He only knew that mom and I had left, so he wasn't aware that Timmy had in fact been the first one to leave the house. "Yeah. Turned out a lot of things have happened since then."

He took a bite of his cheese sandwich while I contemplated whether to ask him about the party or not. Should I really ask him? I mean, sure, I'd love the thought of meeting Timmy again - even if I shouldn't, but was it a good idea?

Letting out a sigh, I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask him, at least. "By the way, he asked me if we wanted to go to a party that his friend is throwing on Saturday. He wants Dylan to come too."

Aden raised his eyebrows in surprise. "Really? He wants me to come?"

I looked at him in confusion. "Yeah, of course. Why wouldn't he?" I asked.

He shrugged his shoulders. "I just had a feeling he didn't really like me."

Maybe Timmy wasn't a big fan of Aden when we first started seeing each other all those months ago, but that was only because he didn't know that Aden wasn't going to hurt me. Now he had even told me that he 'could tell' that Aden was a great guy, so I didn't see why Aden would still think like this.

"I'm sure that's not it, at least not anymore. He knows you aren't going to hurt me now," I explained, the corners of my lips curling.

He smiled. "Well, why not then? It's been a while since I've been to a party, and it sounds fun. Or what do you say?"

I bit my bottom lip, nodding my head slowly. I was a bit surprised that he reacted so positively about it. I had expected a bit more hesitation, which made it even more difficult for me to say no. "I... Sure, why not?"

He nodded his head, the smile still prominent on his lips. "Great."

We continued eating in silence. It wasn't until I was almost finished that he spoke up again. "Hey, I noticed you were lying awake last night. Was something bothering you?" He wondered in concern.

I opened my mouth to reply, but nothing came out. I didn't know what to say because I knew I couldn't tell him the truth, that I had been lying awake because of Timmy. "No, I... I'm pretty sure it was just because I wasn't really tired when I went to bed," I lied, trying my best to make it sound truthful.

He nodded his head slowly. "Are you sure, though? It seemed like you were really thinking of something."

I flashed him a feigned smile. "Yeah, I'm sure. I just had trouble sleeping," I assured him, and he finally let it go with a sigh.

"Alright."

I hated lying to him. I didn't want to have to lie to him. I wanted to always be able to tell him the truth no matter what it was about, but I couldn't this time.

And this was part of the reason why it was best not to meet Timmy again.

-

"So, what happened yesterday?" Dylan asked excitedly.

I had just arrived to work, and this was the first thing that escaped his mouth when he caught sight of me after I had changed into my work outfit.

"It's was nice," I said, pursing my lips.

He raised his eyebrows, studying my features. "Something's telling that's not the entire story." He was suspicious, no doubt about it.

Letting out a sigh, I averted my gaze. "It was great, I just hate to admit it," I finally said, biting my bottom lip.