Prologue: "A No-Life"

I am Y/N L/N, a third year in Hanasakigawa High School, I live in a dorm, the 5th floor to be exact, and my dorm is quite near a river, to get across to my school, I need to cross the bridge.

"Oi, are you listening?" A cheerful and girly voice awakened me from my thinking.

She's my childhood friend, Chika Minami, I don't know why we're still friends though, I'm boring to hang out with, that my friends grew distant to me, since all i do is stare at my wall for 5 hours, and maybe do something important if Chika told me to.

"Sheesh you're probably thinking about jumping from your balcony, huh?" Chika asked me.

"Nope." I said in a blank expression.

"You definitely are, I can tell." Chika said, I ignored her.

I am what they a call, a no-life, a person who doesn't do anything useful, significant or memorable in their lives.

But i wasn't always like this, when i was a kid. I was your regular kid, naive and innocent, but it all changed when something happened to my mom.

She died of a heart attack that my father couldn't save in time.

My dad was so heartbroken, he started smoking and started overworking, for me, I also tried to help him, as a kid, I couldn't do much, but i still tried to help.

It was a hard life until middle school, I participated in many part time jobs, to atleast help my father.

But i guess that wasn't enough, as my father died of lung cancer, due to his cigarette addiction.

I blamed myself, I didn't help enough, that my mother and father died.

Shortly afterwards Chika introduced me to her friend, my ex, Ai Natsumi, and we were in a relationship for 2 years, and she was cheating with me for the whole time, that was when i graduated middle school, and this brings us to the present, still as lifeless as possible.

I summarized it as short as i can, since my past isn't really the most morale boosting story ever, an overly cringy and depressing backstory for a main character is what it feels like.

But Chika was always there with me, perhaps without her, I probably still wouldn't be here.

She says it's not my fault, and that i'm too kind to a fault, that i end up getting hurt.

'I still think it's my fault...' I think to myself.

"Will you atleast listen to me?" Chika asked while pouting.

"Okay...." I said with a sigh.

"Say, would you go somewhere with me?" Chika said as she showed me a 2 tickets that features a meet up from her favorite band, Pastel*Palettes, I can't really say no, because she will drag me there anyways, even if i say no.

I gave a nod, and wandered off my mind.

"Good! Then, let's go!" Chika said as she dragged me, to who knows where.

Shee was humming in joy, as she was meeting her favorite band, while dragging me along.

"I think i should be at home, I'll just ruin things."I said in a monotone voice.

"No, you'll probably hurt yourself." Chika said in a worried and powerful tone.

"I won't, so please, just enjoy your life, or whatever." I said.

"It's fun being with you, so i don't mind, even though you're like that." Chika said with a friendly smile.

I said nothing, only letting myself get dragged by my childhood friend.