Chapter 28 | Dividers

Start from the beginning

"Where are you going exactly?" I asked. She looked a bit well dressed for someone who stayed indoor.

"Strolling along the beach. Why? Do you want to join me? I'm not as fun as your date though." Did she just asked me out? I'll take whatever I can have!

"Yes!" I grabbed her arm and let her lead the way. As we walked across the hallway, we met both Keres and Hotep talking to each other. Their eyes followed us as we strut together hand in hand.

"Where are you two going?" Keres asked.

"The beach. Lacrimosa will be accompany me. You don't have to worry." Keres gave us a nod while Hotep smiled.

"Just keep your distance from the salty water. You're weak from the consumption. You won't be able to protect yourself if you went under." Keres warned the vampire. Imperia waved her hands as she leads towards the front door.

"What does she meant by that?" I asked since my curiosity is slowly killing me.

"I'm sure you are aware about the twelve princesses are feeding off me. And because of that my powers are limited. While I'm in this state, Keres and Hotep acts as my protector. They will be there whenever I am in harms way." Hold on. Is that the reason why she asked me to be here?

She wants me to protect her if there's trouble?

"Why did you agree to be their food?" For a queen, that's a dumb move. Why would she willing to shorten her own lifespan for a fucking sprite?

"Nice try." She smiled as we walk towards the beach. Surprisingly, they're a lot of beach goers at this time of hour. Well, can't blame them. Most of the creature here can't stand the sunlight. The only way to be able to enjoy the beach is at night.

Wait a minute, why none of them showed the queen their respect when Imperia went to the beach? Did she placed a spell on us to conceal our presence?

"Ironic isn't it? They don't even know who I am." I was speechless. They have no idea who she is?!

"I never show myself in public unless I'm needed. Keres and Hotep deal with everything while I stayed in my office, giving them orders. They know that they're being ruled by a queen but they have no idea who or what she looks like. In a way, I find that amusing. Because I can walk around without worrying they know who I am." How is it possible that a vampire could be so ... smart yet stupid?!

"Lacrimosa ... have a seat." She patted an empty space next to her.

"But don't you think it's a bad idea for them for not knowing who you are? What if they say something insulting about the queen and by chance you were there to hear it?" Imperia laughed.

"I don't mind. Everyone has their own opinion." She offered me a bloody lollipop with a smile.

"But I find that unfair. You've been a ruler for thousands of years. Your body is a living proof that you're willing to sacrifice yourself for your creatures. Don't act like that huge gash didn't hurt you!" Why am I being so sensitive about this?

I'm always the type of demon who let others know about my endeavour. But this bitch said that her sacrificial act doesn't mean anything?! To hell with that!

"You reminded me off one of my mistresses back in the day. She always told me to act like a queen and let them know what I've done to make sure their welfare are taken care off." She laughed!

"Hey! That's mine!" We were surprised by a voice of a little child.

"We're siblings! We share!" The older one in the group shouted at the little girl right in front of us.

"But mommy bought that for me! It's my bufday!" The little girl shouted back at her brother.

"We should share Mia! Don't be so greedy!" And just like that the brother take a huge bite of that weird looking food. When he handed back the food back to his sister, she was on verge of crying.

"But ... mommy said no cake ... she bought crepe ..." she's legit about to cry!

"There, there ... don't cry little one." Eh! When did Imperia went over there.

"Hey lady! Don't touch our sister!" That boy is one rude creature. I decided to stand behind Imperia as she consulted the little girl.

"Is it your birthday? Happy birthday." She smiled while patting the child's head. I never knew Imperia could be so ... soft? She acts differently when it comes to her own niece and nephew though.

"I'm sorry! I was paying for the food. Did they by chance bothering you ladies?! I'm really sorry. Please spare them." The lady who I assumed their mother bow their head.

"By the looks of how well dressed you two are, you must be the nobles. Please spare them. I will gladly take any kind of punishment." What is she babbling about?

"Raise your head, creature. There is no need for that. I was just congratulating the little child since today is her birthday. Her brothers were teasing her to the point she almost cry. You see, I have two younger sisters myself. I was once a prankster as well." Imperia?! A prankster?!

They talked for a few moments until they have to excuse themselves. Imperia stands up while watching them disappeared into the crowd.

"Did you noticed how scared she was?" Huh?

"What do you mean?" I was confused.

"She's scared of nobles. Is there something going on that I'm not aware off?" I shrugged my shoulder. Internal affairs is not my jurisdiction. It's Hotep's.

"You should asked Hotep." Imperia looks around the beach and noticed something even I didn't aware off.

"They're being divided into groups. None of them went to the other side of beach. Who gave them that order? This is a public area." Imperia decided to see what's going on at the other side of the beach.

I was struggling to followed suit.