Chapter 28 | Dividers

Start from the beginning

"I would like to see you try. But I am intrigued to know. How on earth did you manage to kill the demons I had summoned? It shouldn't be that easy to kill them." The witch rubbed her wrist where the restrains were.

"It's not easy but I had to do what I did to survive. I was running away from my clan. I heard about this place from some travellers in a tavern where I used to stay in. But your guards were being a dick. So I have no choice but to end their life. I do apologise for what I've done." Her clan? To survive?

"If you don't mind, what happened? Why did your clan wants you to die?" She scoffed.

"Because the way I think. I think there is no need for witches to kidnapped little children for sacrificial purposes when it comes to celebrating the arrival of the blood moon. But the elder thinks otherwise." I see. She wants to change how witches do things traditionally.

"I feel like this land has become somewhat for refugees to come and seek protection. It wouldn't be civilised of me to let you go without punishment. Since you killed my guards, you need to earn your stay here." The witch doesn't react much when I suggested it.

"What kind of punishment are we talking about?" Well, she did just killed the guards.

"What kind of witch are you?" I asked while pouring myself a glass of fresh blood. I offered some for her but she declined.

"I came from a clan that practices the dark arts." I see. But I didn't asked about her clan.

"I was asking about you. What kind of witch are you?" She was reluctant to tell me her real identity but in the end, she did.

"I am a sea witch." My eyes widen.

"Seaweed?!"

"SEA WITCH! I feel connected with the sea ... for some odd reason. Why does everyone reacted the same way like you did?!" I laughed at her reaction. A sea witch huh. That's rare. I was informed of their existence but I never thought they are some who survived after the great war between the mermaids. Interesting.

"Were you by chance, was found by your clan members?" Her eyes flickered.

"Yes. How did you know that?" Hmm. She must be the only survivor. Imperia must've sense something when she was brought here. Is that why she gave me that wink?

***

"A sea witch? Are you certain?" Imperia was putting on her clothes while I was looking through the things on her dresser.

"She claimed herself to be one. I was not convinced until I saw how the water sprite reacted to her presence." Imperia turned around to face me.

"Water sprite? Where? How?" I smiled at the vampire before walking up to her with a smile. I start by buttoning her dress shirt.

"Oh I have my own ways." I gulped down the lumps in my throat as soon as I saw her cleavage. As always, she doesn't react to mine at all. Hell, even if I'm buck naked in front of her; she wont even bet an eye on me.

At first I found that insulting but as time goes by ... it's just her nature. A vampire who doesn't care about mating. That's a first and rare.

"Did you had a romantic rendezvous last night?" That question caught me off guard. Imperia pointed at my neck where my date left a mark on last night. Did I forgot to cover it up?

"You can say that. He was marvellous in bed. Unfortunately, he couldn't resist my charm and now he's being a nuisance. He can't stop calling me. I have to put my phone in silent mode. It's beginning to annoyed me." Imperia laughed as she grabbed her coat.