Chapter 24 | Exciting Lunch

Start from the beginning

"Well, if you keep on saying things like that, you might end up being like Miss Kensington or Miss Waters." Why is everyone so fixated on me getting a partner? Hell, even my father keeps on asking me if I'm going to date Caleb.

For Heaven sake, I'm not ready to be have a commitment with somebody else. Of course I wish to have a family of my own but not now.

"Are you okay over there?" I heard Saturio's voice as the boys carried the crate into the warehouse.

"I'm fine! Just get you ass over there already!" Caleb sound as if she's struggling to keeping it steady. Saturio apologised and guide him towards a table not far from me.

"That's the last of it. I do wish to warn everyone to not touch the item with your bare hands. I have prepared a special gloves for that. Here." She placed a few of those gloves on the table.

"I believe it will ward off the 'spirits' that's inside the item from haunting any of you. Most of the things here are from Lacrimosa's personal collection. She is an avid collectors of everything haunted." If Saturio himself confirms it, I don't want to play with fire.

"Say, it's almost lunch. Miss Evangeline, would you like to come and have lunch with me? I would really want to try that famous human food. Others are invited of course. My treat." I turn to Daphne who pretend to be busy.

"Oh ... look at all these artefacts. I need to finish them before tomorrow's evaluation. Could you two buy me some food?" What is she doing?! She's almost done!

"I'm sorry to hear that. But of course." Saturio is too oblivious.

"I'm not busy. I shall join you two." Caleb suddenly said. Great. This is just great. Saturio smiled.

"Excellent. So, Miss Evangeline, where shall we eat?" For a demon, he is too innocent. Devilishly handsome demon to boot.

"Well, I do have a place where I love to go to." I smiled.

***

"This is absolutely marvellous. What is this? Should I pour it on top of the steak?" I quickly grabbed the bottle of mustard before he pours on his food.

"This is for burgers or hot dogs. It won't taste nice on a steak." He smiled at me before continuing to cut his meat. He look like a lost puppy. How is it possible for someone to be that cute? Unlike somebody who refuse to be a civilised human being.

"What's wrong Mr Caleb? Is your food not to your liking?" Saturio asked but he was ignored.

"Caleb, what's wrong? Something bothering you?" I asked since I'm tired of seeing him acting like a child.

"I'm fine. Do enjoy your meal, mr devil." Can he even be louder than he is now? I can't believe this man. There was such an awkward silent from people surrounding us.

"Caleb what is wrong with you?" I asked yet again.

"I don't like him here, okay." He whispered loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Shut up! He can hear you. Even though he's chewing loudly, he still can hear you!" Caleb sigh.

"Can't you see?! He's trying to get closer to you. I ... I'm jealous." He's jealous?! Of a mere interaction? We're not even official or even that close for him to feel that way!

"Caleb. He never even been to our world. I was just being a good host. And why would you feel jealous all of the sudden. I didn't say anything when you went out with Daphne." His face looks surprised.

"How ... how did you know that?" He stuttered.

"Oh please! We're roommates and best friends. Of course I know what happened. Truth be told, Caleb, I wasn't mad at all. I thought maybe you just tired of waiting for me. But why would you feel jealous now?" Caleb was speechless.