Not Anymore || Kageyama Tobio

Start from the beginning

You put your forehead on his, still closing your eyes while your thumb caressing his cheek, "I promise I will never leave," He smiled to hear you repeat the words, "Not until you asked me to,"

That night, he pouted and telling you that you are mean for even thinking that he wants you to be out from his life. But then, he is the one who broke the promise and asked you to leave. Kageyama shook away all of the memories, slapped his cheek before fleeing the scene.

You blinked, feeling like you saw a familiar figure at the corner of your eyes. So you turned to the left, found no one. Maybe it's just your feelings, after all, you shrugged it off and set your gaze back to the man in front of you.

"What is it, (Y/n)?" Miya Osamu could see the confusion that was written in your face, "Do you saw some old friends? Do you want to catch up with them? I could tell-"

"No no no!" You immediately know what he was going to say, "I will take these onigiris, okay? I want to be there for him!"

Kageyama currently walked around the hallway, both hands coated in his pocket. His mind kept coming back to you. It's been years since he's on V.League, he wonders what makes the woman that he used to love watching this one particular match. He let out a bitter snort when the realisation hit him, Used to love, my ass.  

His eyes suddenly fall to a familiar figure. Orange fluffy hair appeared in front of him, making him smirk when he knew who it was,

"Not gonna have any bowels issues today, are you?" Kageyama smirked when the man in front of him turned his head. There he stood, one of the best comrades that he ever had. One of the people that brought him here. Not as a tyrant king, but as a great setter.

"Heck no. I am not the kind of guy who gets stomach troubles before games anymore." Hinata retorted, feeling confidence after all this time.

"You'd better not, you runt," Kageyama remembered that he used to yell and hit the wing spiker with so much force. But things change as they grow up. Hinata seems to want to say something to him, but suddenly, Miya Atsumu appeared behind Hinata, putting one of his arms on the wing spiker's shoulder.

"Tobio-Kun, wouldja mind not picking a fight with my wing spiker? Hmm?" Miya's voice was sly, and it always made Kageyama's annoyed every time he heard that voice. One by one, the others piled up in front of their locker rooms, trying to joke and brag about their achievement.

Something has been nagging on the setter's mind. Seeing Hinata with a new setter made him wonder about how powerful the new duo would be. Are they going to be better than the Freak Duo, or maybe on the same level? But they are all grown up now, of course, they would be more powerful.

After joking around and promising to themselves that they will beat each other, Kageyama and the others needed to go to the court. Everyone has been waiting for this match, after all. Once he steps inside the court, he immediately looked around. 

The arena brought back some nostalgia in his mind, remembering one special seat that you always seated on. Kageyama thought that you would be standing there, maybe even cheering him on, or at least cheering for his team. But of course, it was just some wild wishful thinking of him. 

Kageyama will be the first one to serve. He will do the same serve just like when Japan play against France, which scores him five-point on the game. But Hinata seems to changes since he could receive it with ease.

The ball flies high to the sky, Miya Atsumu was ready to make the announcement that their team wouldn't go on without a fight. He tossed the ball to Hinata, fulfilling the promise that he ever makes when they were in high school.