six

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

August 22, 2017

"Sing for me please." Jessica says to Billie through the phone over FaceTime, laying her head on her pillow. The girls have been talking for about five hours straight. It's currently 10 pm on Jess's  side of the country and she's drifting in and out of a light sleep. 

"What do you want me to sing?" Billie asks the tired girl, who just barely shrugs her shoulders. "Something I haven't heard before" Jessica mumbles, the warm glow from the fairy lights shining calmingly in the background. A harsh contrast from the glow of Billie's red lights, that make her look oh so beautiful. 

"I have just the song." Billie says, leaning over to grab her ukulele from her dresser. She starts to strum a tune unfamiliar to Jess and begins singing with a soft, melodic voice. "Wait a minute, let me finish. I know you don't care, but can you listen?" She starts out.

The brunette pokes her head up when she hears Billie beginning to sing, and smiles slightly bobbing her head to the strum of the ukulele. "So I think I better go, I never really know how to please you. You're looking at me like I'm see-through." She continues, strumming on the instrument in her hands. 

"I just never know how you feel. Do you even feel anything?" She sings out the last words, setting the ukulele down on her bed next to her. "That was beautiful." Jess says, halfway asleep. "Did you write it?" She mumbles out slowly. 

"Yes I did." Billie states proudly. "What's it called?" Jess questions, wanting every detail of the song. "It doesn't really have a name." Billie answers, suddenly getting and idea. "You name it!" She tells the sleepy girl. 

 "I think it should be called see-through, but when you put it on your album, call it 8. Your fans will love it!" She says with a lazy grin. "Why 8?" Billie questions. "If it all works out the way my sleep deprived brain is thinking." She lets out a tired laugh. 

"Then it will be the eighth track on your album." She finishes her though, Billie smiles at the idea of a full length album. "Jessica." Billie says pausing, waiting for her response which is a nod and a small hmm. "You need to sleep. You're tired." Billie tells her.

"Sing me too sleep." Jess demands. "I just sang for you." Billie says with a small groan. "But I hadn't heard that one and I wanted to stay up to hear the end." She says with a pout. Jessica begs one more time before Billie agrees. 

"Ok, Jessie what do you want me to sing?" Billies asks the tired girl on the screen. "The end of the world." She says with some sort of half grin. 

Billie start out with a strum on her ukulele."Breath the air again, it's a beautiful day. I wish this moment would stay with the earth." She sings, with Jess slowly drifting to sleep. "Would I, could I, make you happy?" Was the last thing Jessica heard her sing before she fell asleep. 

Billie watched her for a second with a smile on her face. Saying a quick and quiet good night followed by an I love you to the peaceful girl, hanging up the phone. The same smile stayed on Billie's face the rest of the evening.

September 28, 2017 

"I got the tickets!" Jessica shouts excitedly from the screen. Billie's face breaks out into an uncontrollable smile. "I'm so excited to see you eilish." The brunette girl says to her best friend. "Me too Jess, you have no idea." Billie says with a grin. 

The younger girl bought a plane ticket to California to see her best friend in person for the first time since they met, earlier that year. She was going to meet her family, and friends and finally be reunited with Finneas.