🅲🅷🅰︎🅿︎🆃🅴🆁 🅴🅸🅶🅷🆃

"No, no, no!" I dug my hands in my hair. Why does Johnny like me!? I started pacing back and fourth. I don't know what to say to poor Johnny.

"I'm sorry Johnny but I'm interested in someone else, no that's stupid" I was practicing on what I was gonna say to him. "I would love to go to the movies, but I am in love with someone else, no that would hurt him" You know what, I'm just going to tell Ponyboy about it, then he can handle it. I heard a thud on my window. "(y/n)? I was thinking maybe you, Johnny, and a couple of other friends would like to go to the Yankees game, some guy sold me tickets!" Pony held up five tickets. "Ya let me get ready!" I put on a sweater and boot pants. I found some boots that didn't fit Two-bit, so I just put them on.

"Two-bit I'm going with Johnny to the Yankees game!"

"Can I come!?"

"We only have two tickets, sorry!"

I pulled Johnny from out of the bathroom, he was putting oil in his hair. "You look great come on!" We met Ponyboy at the park. "Let's go" I said. I tried not to be on Pony too much so Johnny wouldn't say anything. I walked in the middle of them.

After an hour of walking, I saw Ponyboy waving his hand, "Cherry! Marsha! Hey!" He hugged them. Of freaking course. "Hey (y/n)!" Cherry went up to hug me. I just stood there. "Hi Cherry" I said unenthusiastic. Marsha hugged Johnny, he looked at me and laughed nervously. "Come on guys let's go" Pony commanded. We sat down, but Pony didn't sit next to me. Johnny sat next to me while Cherry was laughing with Pony.

An hour later the Yankees were losing, people were throwing their hats, I found it so hilarious. I've never been to a baseball game, nor have I seen one so I didn't know what's going on.

"Alright you love birds get ready for the kiss cam!" The sports announcer said.

"If a two people get on that giant camera, they would have to kiss" Johnny pointed. Some people got rejected, some people would make out, some people would just peck them on the cheek. Cherry and Pony got on screen. My heart stopped. Cherry pulled him in the same way I did when I kissed Pony. The worst part was, he kissed her back.

I tried to suck it up.

I sort of worked. I wasn't crying, it just hurt to see what I just saw. "Hey Johnny do you wanna leave? I'm getting a little bored" I lied. "Sure, I am kinda hungry, let's get something to eat, if you want" Johnny stood up.

"I'm in, Dairy Queen?"

"Ya, that's cool, I'm gonna tell Pony where were goin"

"Na, I don't like Cherry and Marsha that much, they'll want to come too"

"Fine with me"

Johnny and I left the game and walked to Dairy Queen. "Here's your burger" I handed him the tray. "Hey are you okay? You seem kind of off since the game. "I'm just tired" I fibbed "Okay" I took a sip of my coke and gulped down the fizzy carbonated drink. "Ugh!" I laughed "Why does this drink feel weird on my tongue!" I started laughing "Don't tell me you have never had soda before?!" Johnny laughed. "It's weird and amazing at the same time, I kinda dig it" I laughed.

I was feeling a bit better, hanging out with a REAL friend.

I ate my burger sloppy, I was a mess, it was just so good I couldn't help it. "You have sauce on your cheek. Wiped my face with the napkin. I just sat there awkwardly. I feel like a Two year old. "Sorry, I just love that freaking burger"

I kinda blushed. But not the way I blushed around Ponyboy. I kinda wanted to try dating Johnny, he's a sweet innocent boy. "Hey Johnny can we take a walk?" "Ok" he agreed in a second.

We walked around the park a couple times until I had I the guts to ask him out. "Johnny, I saw the note you were gonna give me, and it was super sweet, if you want, I would like to repeat your "drunk "kiss" I leaned in to Johnny and I kissed him. Forget Ponyboy, I have a new start. His lips were softer than Pony's. I actually am enjoying it. I let go.

"Sorry that was a little sudden"

"No it's fine, but I've never dated anyone"

"Well I guess I'm your first"

I smiled as we walked home together. I hope Pony's happy with himself, I hope Cherry treats him like hell.