25: Big Brother, Little Sister

Começar do início

It was obvious Loki didn't believe her, but she had to sell it for the whole effect. So she set the spoon and container down before taking the tampered donut and biting into it. It took all of her willpower to keep a straight face, and not gag herself. "See? It's fine." She said before handing it back to him.

Then she got down a glass and poured herself some milk to drink so she could sneakily wash down the flavor. Retrieving her container and spoon, she walked on into the living room, leaving behind a Loki who was looking at the donut in his hands with a scandalized expression.

Kat needed to buy some time until the others woke up, so she sat down on the couch and gave herself a break from eating. Flipping through random channels was a great way. Stretching her senses as subtly as she could, she waited for signs that others were waking. JARVIS, understanding the situation, aided in waking the others without drawing attention. 

Eventually, people filtered in. Clint turned the coffee pot on before falling face first on the couch while he waited, entirely ignoring Loki. Steve wandered in looking for Bucky, who was asleep in another room. Kat released a spell Bucky had agreed to after their twilight shenanigans; one that allowed him to sleep for a few hours.

"He's asleep downstairs, couldn't 'get some shut-eye' for a while." She told Steve to end his worry.

Tony walked in like a zombie, lured by the smell of coffee even though it wasn't done brewing yet. Natasha was much more coherent, and walked over to Clint before prodding him in a ticklish spot. The archer made a screech of surprise and fell off the couch he had previously occupied.

Then Bucky walked in, very much awake, and Steve visibly relaxed. Bucky gave him a smile, before seeing the container on the coffee table. "Oh. Can I have some?"

"Get your own spoon." Kat replied, picking the 'mayo' up and taking another mouthful. 

Bucky moved on to the kitchen, recalling the operation a few hours earlier, and easily retrieved a spoon. However, in the process, he found a tall man who he assumed to be Loki, and another who he vaguely knew to be Tony Stark, both looking at donuts suspiciously.

"What's wrong with them?" Tony asked.

"Some of them are evil," Loki said slowly, "And I don't know which ones."

It took great restraint to hold back a laugh, and he made a quick exit from the kitchen, just in case his lost his grip.

"Oh, Kat, what the fuck?" He heard Clint exclaim.

"What?" He heard Kat innocently ask, the perfect amount of confusion portrayed.

"Tony, your daughter is eating mayo!" Clint yelled.

"Good for her!" Tony called back, then after a moment, "Wait what?"

Bucky then made it to the couch and plopped down beside Kat, and took a spoonful himself. Clint half screeched. "New guy did it too!"

Tony poked his head into the living room. "What is going on?"

"Tastes different." Bucky commented when he finished his first mouthful.

"Yeah, probably all the preservatives they add. And whatever else." Kat nodded.

"Tony, your daughter is eating mayo!" Clint exclaimed. "Stop her or something!"

"Kat, please stop." Tony said, pained, when he watched her take a mouthful. She only smirked.

"Bucky, what are you doing?" Steve asked.

"Enjoying time with my sister." Bucky replied.

"Sister?" Both Tony and Clint repeated with wide eyes.