Woman: "Come out my little one, I've seen you! You do not have to worry, a girl should not walk alone on such a street at night!"

I did not know this woman and I had never heard her voice before. She sounded gentle and calm. I wanted to see her face, so I stepped out of my hiding place. My eyes wandered past her, studying the man who had previously driven the car and also got out. He was armed, that I could see on the right bulge of his coat on one side. This man was watching me closely. The woman, however, was unarmed and did not give me the impression that she was a fighter. I said nothing and just looked at the two.

Woman: "Oh my God, what happened to you !?"

The woman took a few steps toward me, but I backed away.

Woman: "Do not be afraid, my little one, I just want to help you!"

I looked directly into the woman's eyes and realized that she was not lying. Her heartbeat was not elevated, I could tell from her carotid artery. She did not show any typical behavior of a lying person. My body relaxed, but I kept an eye on the man all the time. He was alert, too watchful for my taste. The woman followed my gaze.

Woman: "Jack, go back in the car! She's scared of you! Probably some men have done something to her!"

The man did not seem pleased, but he obeyed and got back into the car.

Woman: "Wait, give me your jacket!"

Man: "But mistress!"

The woman looked at him with a raised eyebrow. She stretched out her hand demanding. With a humming the man gave her his jacket. She tore the jacket from his hand and went to me. Carefully, she put the jacket around my shoulders. I flinched at her touch.

Woman: "Shhh ..., everything will be alright!"

Confused, I tilted my head. What was this woman up to? Was it all a trap ?! My body tensed to escape at any time. My eyes scanned the area for hidden enemies.

Woman: "Oh my gosh, you're really scared! Come with me, I'll help you! You need something to eat and a warm bath and you're hurt too!"

I still watched my surroundings. I could hear birds in the trees sitting silently on their branches. I could hear the rain fall to the floor and the distant hum of the city. However, I could not discover anyone else except the two. Slowly, I took a step forward, leaving a bloody footprint on the floor. But I did not pay attention to the pain. Worried, the woman looked at me.

Woman: "Where are your clothes and shoes?"

My eyes met hers. I did not answer. It was strange to talk to someone, so I just decided to say nothing.

Woman: "It's alright, you do not need to talk if you do not want to! Come in with me in the car. We're going to my house!"

Her hand reached for mine and carefully she led me to the car. My insecurity caused tears to rise in her eyes.

Woman: "My poor girl! You remind me so much of my son when he was little! Everything will be fine, nobody will do anything to you! I'll take care of that!"

A tear ran down her cheek, and I slowly reached out to her and caught the tear with my finger. Fascinated, I looked at the tear on my finger. Never in my life had I cried. A soft laugh broke my thoughts.

Woman: "You are so cute, now come and get in the car!"

Without thinking, I got into the car. The car was nice and warm from the inside. With one hand I stroked the leather of the seats.

Woman: "Do you want to tell me your name? My name is Katharina."

Slowly I looked at her. Should I really trust her? I looked at my hands and exhaled slowly.