Chapter 2 (Part 29)

Start from the beginning

Jiyoon nodded. "Then he took me to the amusement park!"

"I see. Why did you go with him? Why didn't you wait for Taeyeon or Fany?"

"He said they had to work and... and... I..." Jiyoon suddenly realized something. She turned her head and looked at Tiffany. "Did I take too long at the amusement park?"

Tiffany shook her head and hugged the confused girl again.

"A man dropped her off?" Joonmyun was talking to Officer Ahn who had picked up Tiffany's phone.

"Yes, Sir. He was in quite a rush. He just came in, said that he was Miss Hwang's father then asked whether I knew Inspector Kim or Miss Hwang and whether any of them was here. When I said yes, he immediately handed Jiyoon over to me and told me to give this to his daughter." She showed Joonmyun a folded piece of paper.

Tiffany heard that and quickly approached the woman, holding out one hand, asking for the paper.

The officer gave Tiffany her phone and the paper, answered a few more questions from Joonmyun and left.

Tiffany hastily unfolded the crumpled paper and read the messy handwriting.

"I'm sorry. He made me do it. I understand if you can't forgive me but please know that I never want to hurt you, Taeyeon or Jiyoon. I'll make up for it. I'll make sure you don't ever have to pay for my mistakes again. I do love you, Miyoung-ah. Please believe me."

Yuri's sudden gasp startled everyone.

"Crap!" said the tall inspector. "If Jiyoon's here then... Oh no." She scrambled for her phone and dialed Yoona's number.

Tiffany also realized it. "Oh no. It's a trap, isn't it? He never had Jiyoon with him in the first place!"

"Come on! Pick up pick up pick u-... Yoong!" Yuri shouted into her phone. "It's a trap! Don't let Taeng go in there! Jiyoon's here!"

"What?!"

"Jiyoon's here! Mr. Hwang returned her to us. Seungjin never had her! It's a trap to get Taeng! Pull out!"

Yoona swore under her breath. "It's too late. Taeyeon unnie's talking to him right now. He just told her to discard her comm device and throw it away. How can I pull her out safely?! Dammit!" She then hung up.

Yuri groaned. "This is bad."

"Please tell me Taeyeon's okay?" pleaded Tiffany as her grip around Jiyoon tightened. "They can still pull her out, right?"

Yuri could only shake her head. "Too late. It's all up to Taeng now."

"What? Surely there's something they can do? Something we can do?" Tiffany was at the brink of tears, gripped by the fear of losing Taeyeon. "Can I borrow a car?" she blurted out.

"What? You don't even have your license yet!"

Tiffany put Jiyoon down. "I need to go there and get Taeyeon out."

"You'll just hurt yourself," said Yuri. "Besides, it's dangerous. He must not see you."

Tiffany almost raised her voice but since Jiyoon was there, she thought better of it and tried to be as calm as she could. "I can help the team. Besides, it's me he wants, not Taeyeon. Maybe seeing me would not be as bad as you think."