Chapter 2 (Part 28)

One Step At A Time

Everyone on the team went in search of the missing girl. Haejoon canceled his plan to return to Jeonju that night so he could join the search and even Himchan went so far as to seek out some of his old contacts to find the girl, ignoring his own safety.

Taeyeon blamed herself and so did Tiffany and Sooyoung - each for different reasons but they all felt responsible for what had happened.

Tiffany finally stopped crying after nearly an hour and since then had been sitting at Taeyeon's desk, looking down at her hands without uttering a single word.

Once Tiffany had calmed down, Taeyeon took the opportunity to talk to the hospital director who was still there, stubbornly insisting on waiting to see the Captain who chose to focus on finding Jiyoon instead.

Taeyeon lashed out at the woman, telling her how her stupidity might have cost an innocent girl's life.

The woman argued, of course, defending herself and her boyfriend.

"Don't you see? He's guilty! He admitted to being guilty! He has ties to dangerous people! Drug dealers! Organized crime!" argued Taeyeon.

"Prove it!"

"WE ALREADY DID! THAT'S WHY HE'S IN THE GODDAMN HOLDING CELL!" shouted Taeyeon before Sooyoung pulled her back. "I swear, if anything happens to that girl, I will personally make sure you join your stupid boyfriend. You two can rot in prison together." She yanked her arm free from Sooyoung's grip.

"How am I supposed to know about that girl?"

"If you had used your brain and not make a damn idiotic fuss, yelling at my colleague, she would've gotten to the girl in time to prevent the kidnapping! She was supposed to pick her up but your childish raging delayed her!"

"I was told to enter strong and press on because the cops wouldn't listen to me! And that man was right, you all wouldn't listen!"

"Why should we listen to unreasonable rambling from some blinded-by-dumb-love woman who can't even see facts and truth?!" retorted Taeyeon. "And who in their right mind would tell someone to barge in here without an attorney or evidence?!"

"He was going to send an attorney!"

"Who's he?" asked Sooyoung. "Who told you to come here?"

"I don't know him."

"What? You don't know him and yet... Are you seriously a hospital director? Because I will never want to be admitted to a hospital where people like you are in charge," said Taeyeon with a scoff.

The woman was about to retaliate when Sooyoung stepped in. "Who told you to come here? How come you don't know him?"

"He said he was an old friend of Gwanmo," said the woman, eyes still shooting daggers at Taeyeon. "He told me that he believed in Gwanmo's innocence, just like I do, and that he's willing to help."

"He told you to come here?"

The woman nodded. "He said his attorney will meet me here with supporting evidence to clear Gwanmo's name. He even sent me a train ticket and paid for my accommodation in Seoul. It's not much but it's a clean guesthouse."