Chapter 2 (Part 6)

Start from the beginning

"Okay then. Let's go get that fast food."

--

"We'll pick you up after school. Wait for us, okay?" said Tiffany as she kissed the little girl's cheek and stood up, letting Taeyeon say her goodbye.

They waited until Jiyoon had gone inside the building before they left the small school, walking hand in hand.

"So it's going to be like this every day now, huh?" Taeyeon asked, stifling a yawn.

"I'll get my driver's license soon and we can take turns." Tiffany swung Taeyeon's hand, enjoying the morning a little more than usual.

"Yes, please. I'll gladly take the subway to work if I could sleep in for another half hour."

"Lazy Inspector Kim."

"This Inspector Kim works hard, you know. She deserves plenty of sleep."

Tiffany scoffed teasingly then let go of Taeyeon's hand since they had reached the car.

"What? You don't think I work hard?"

She quietly got inside and buckled her seatbelt, not really willing to get into this fake argument because honestly, she was still a bit sleepy too.

Taeyeon started to drive, slowly merging with the rush hour traffic. "I'll drop you off at Sunny's later."

"Is Yoong okay with me working at Sunny's for the most of today?"

Taeyeon nodded. "I'm sure she is."

"You haven't told her?"

"Err... I forgot but I'm sure she's fine with it."

"I'll just tell her myself then."

Taeyeon hummed in reply. "By the way," she said after a short pause. "Don't forget to call Hyoyeon. Let's get this matter with Jiyoon sorted out quickly. And I think I'm going to go visit Mrs. Yoon again today. At least check on her."

"Can I come with you?"

"But who'll look after Jiyoon?"

"We can't take her along?"

Taeyeon shook her head. "Mrs. Yoon specifically said that she should never return to that house."

"Sigh... why is she so stubborn?" mumbled Tiffany as she looked out the window.

"She just wants what's best for her granddaughter, I guess."

"..."

Taeyeon stole a glance when they stopped at a red light. "Do you want to have lunch with your father? I can accompany you."

"No."

"I thought you agreed that he's family and that you shouldn't keep treating him like this?"

"And I thought you agreed not to nag about him?"

"I'm not nagging."