Chapter 19 - First Tigma Spell

Start bij het begin

“You should. You know our traditions to get married in the first couple years of finding each other. Has he asked?”

“Not yet, he wants to get settled on this side of town first. He’s really concentrated on getting his house set up and cleaned first.”

“That’s understandable. You’re very patient.”

“Were you patient with dad?” I asked.

She smiled, “Your dad actually wanted to get married pretty quickly.”

“Really? Can you tell me the story?”

“Of course. Your father and I grew up together. We knew from the time we were about five years old that we were going to be together. Of course the tradition states we had to wait until we were both at least 16 to get married so we waited.”

“How did he ask you?”

She smiled, “He asked me in front of both of our families. We got together in this house with both of our families. I thought it was only a family dinner but he surprised me. The family dinner turned out to be a celebration of our engagement. We got married a few months later. It was a huge celebration in the quad.”

“That sounds beautiful. I hope my engagement and wedding are that beautiful.”

“It will be. I know we don’t have many family members left, but we have a community. We have great friends and family and he will have his family too.”

“Yeah,” I smiled, “It will unique in our own way.”

“Exactly,” she said.

I took my food out of the microwave and grabbed a fork from the drawer, “Well I’m going up to eat then go to bed. Night mom. Love you.”

“I love you too. Goodnight.”

My phone rang when I got to my room and I set my food down to answer it, “Hey Britt.”

“How was your night?”

“When did life get this crazy?”

She laughed, “I could say it, but you know…”

“Yeah,” I laughed too.

“Any news?”

“He’s moving here.”

“What?!”

“I’ll explain later when we’re alone but yeah. He’s moving to this side of town to be with me. It’s all worked out. I’m helping him with some of it tomorrow.”

“Does he have a house?”

“He does now,” I answered.

“And that means?”

“I can’t say,” I laughed, “because you know…”

We were talking about the government possibly listening to our phone calls and we both knew it. Our government would do anything to make sure the secrets aren’t being spilled. I guess Rolla and Pilote made it that way.

“Right… meet me before school tomorrow?”

“I’ll bring the coffee.”

“Deal,” she said. “Night.”

“Night.”

            I held two coffees as I waited for Brittany outside her house the next morning. She came outside and smiled at me, gladly taking the coffee from my hands. We started walking and drank our coffee before either of us said anything.

“Explain,” she said a few minutes later.

“I don’t remember what you last knew, but Rolla and Pilote helped him figure things out. Using magic, spells, and what not they found a way to build him a house and convince everyone in this world that he is from the other side of town. I’m going shopping with him today so he’ll have clothes and furniture that look like they’re from here.”

“Where did he get this money?”

“From the same people that used their magic to convince everyone he’s from the other side of town and create transcripts so he can go to our school.”

“They have that much power? Seriously?”

“You have no idea. The house part though, that was actually us.”

“What do you mean?”

“Oh… right, uh, Carter and I used our magic to build his house.”

“I’m confused,” she looked at me.

“We used our magic by doing a spell that made a house appear out of nowhere. We literally created his house. Then we did another spell to make everyone think it’s always been there.”

“Prove it.”

I took her arm and ran over to where Carter’s new house is. Luckily, it’s not that far away.

“That’s always been there,” Brittany said when I pointed to it.

I shook my head, “You only think that. We created it last night.”

“Seriously?!” she said as we continued our way to school.

I nodded.

“Wow… you’re right, this new life really is crazy.”