Chapter 18 - Group of Secrets

Start from the beginning

“Okay… double what?!”

I laughed, “It was the craziest night of my life.”

“Start at the beginning and leave nothing out!” she demanded.

“I was frustrated that we were in legal trouble and Carter realized there was only one person… or two that could help us. Two people that have the power and magic to help us so we went to ask them for help. It ended with us talking to them for hours. Rolla explained everything about our history and how Carter and I are connected to this situation. She told us why we can see the palace and nobody else can.”

“Why?”

“Carter and I are the Samoulte. We are the ultimate soul mates and we have magic and powers nobody else has. Also… we can’t die.”

“Okay what?!”

I nodded, “Apparently when the Samoulte kiss in the palace we stop aging. It has to do with some old spell that was cast. Do you see the necklaces I’m wearing?”

“They’re beautiful,” she commented.

“The crystal stone is my soulmate stone. They called them stone heart. Carter and I each had one. When we put them together there was this bright light and it created two necklaces. It means Carter and I really are soul mates. The second one is the Tigma magic; my powers.”

“Oh my God, I think I’m going to have a stroke.”

I laughed again, “It was insane. There’s something else I want to say before we go to school. I can explain details later but I need to get this off my chest because I can’t stop thinking about it.”

“Okay, what is it?”

“When Carter and I kissed in the palace and stopped aging something else happened. Rolla and Pilote warned us about it but I didn’t think it would feel like this.”

“Explain.”

I took a deep breath, “My feelings for him deepened. Like I told Carter, I feel like I fell even more in love with him. My feelings more than tripled while we were kissing. We could barely control ourselves after that. I can barely control myself now. I hate being away from him. I need to be with him at all times.”

“Is that part of the spell?” she asked concerned.

I nodded.

“Wow,” she took a deep breath, “So basically… you two can’t keep your hands off each other?”

I blushed and laughed, “Don’t say it like that!”

She laughed, “I’m just saying. You two need to cool it before anybody else notices how bizarre you two will be acting.”

“I know but I don’t know how.”

She pulled on my arm, “Let’s just go to school.”

“Okay but we are meeting Carter first.”

She rolled her eyes, “You really can’t control yourself.”

I shook my head.

            We walked along the same route we always do to school and to my surprise Carter waited out front. I expected to walk to the balcony to find him not have him waiting at the school. I also didn’t think he would actually wake up like he said he would because we didn’t get much sleep. I practically ran over to him and jumped into his arms. I heard him laughing and I silenced him with a kiss. Before the kiss could continue any more Brittany interrupted.

“Before you two swallow each other realize I’m here.”

I laughed, “Sorry.”

“Hi Brittany.”