Chapter 1

16 Almond Walk -New Bostin

"Another two vigelantes have fallen victim to the murderous organization; EMBER. ", the TV chattered on, "The bodies have been identified as the superheroes 'Glacier' and 'Rewind'. Both appear to have multiple stab wounds as well as the group's emblem burned into their skin."

More deaths?! William thought, shocked by how frequently these killings happened. In fact, over the past few weeks, the attacks have become incessant!

The man turned the machine off, leaning back into his chair. He couldn't help but worry about his son. Even though he knew John was powerful, all of these deaths were high-tiers. The ones who were supposedly 'undefeatable'.

Besides, the father and son hadn't talked in months, the last time being when John had an emotional break down in the middle of nowhere. William decided to let him figure and sort everything out on his own, wanting John to be a capable boy. But it's been three months!

Now, I have to call him... He knew he wouldn't be able to sleep, otherwise.

Pulling the phone from his jeans, he tapped away at the screen, searching through his contacts. Finally, he found the number labeled 'Son'. Immediately, he pressed the call button and placed the screen to his ear.

It dialled for a while, which didn't surprise him, given that John would often not pick up at all. Today was no different. No answer.

Rolling his grey eyes, William stood up from his comfortable seat and stretched, cracking most of the bones in his back. He slowly made his way to the bedroom and pulled a suitcase from under the bed.

Any reason for a surprise visit is a good reason. He chuckled to himself. Maybe I'll meet that Sera again. I wonder how they're both doing.

3 Arrow Place Wontana

Her heels clicking on the paved path, Leilah walked to the familiar, modern home. It hadn't changed since the last time she was here and its been years. All the greenery in the garden was neatly trimmed, the footpath dusted and the glassed, large windows were pristine.

It looked perfect.

However, today wasn't a day to dwell on past grudges and conflicts. There were more important matters at hand.

Reaching the geometric, broad door, she breathed in deeply and knocked. There was silence as Leilah awaited a maid to open the door.

Finally, she heard the lock click and the door slowly opened. It didn't open by much just enough to see the main servant's gloomy expression, "Sorry, but we're not taking any visit- Miss Leilah?!", Fyora's eyes widened when she recognised the woman at the door, "What  are you doing here?!"

"I've come to speak with my parents and I want to see-", she gulpled, her throat aching, "... her."

Both women lowered their glances at the mention of Seraphina.  She passed so recently and voilently...  Leilah didn't know how to cope with it and could imagine that even her parents would be suffering.

The maid pulled the door open, making room for Leilah, she entered wordlessly. She walked through the dull, lifeless halls, she was so desperate to escape this place, only to come back herself after a great loss.