[GN] Jennie (BLACKPINK) - Really

Start from the beginning

(y/n) do everything in their power to make me happy, except for the one thing that would keep me happy forever. 

(y/n)'s parental antics were what you'd expect from someone who was voted number one as the person you'd most like to date in our college though. (y/n)'s thoughtfulness built them a reputation that was the complete opposite of mine. They were the type of person to bring chocolates on Valentine's day just to give them to people who'd approach them first. They'd dish out a polite rejection and give them chocolate in hopes it wouldn't hurt the other person's feelings. Truly, a heart of gold.

College came and went and I grew frustrated and decided dating wasn't for me. I put off looking for a significant other. None of them could compare to the love (y/n) had shown me every time I see them. The warmth in their voice and gentle, honest, and genuine smile are burnt into my mind.

"I'm telling you, what if we bring them to the mall with Jen? We'd be all "I love you~" and all that sappy stuff and maybe it'll get (y/n) and Jennie closer!" Jisoo's voice projected itself through the empty store.

"Oh! I like that idea!" Chaeyoung hugged her girlfriend, excited to both go on a date with Jisoo and help me with my (y/n) situation.

Ever since I put off dating, Lisa, Jisoo, and Chaeyoung were thinking up crazy plans that would hopefully bring (y/n) and I closer. Of course, nothing worked.

They started off with simple things like asking (y/n) out to a picnic and going out as all five of us but quickly devolved into more extreme methods, such as kidnapping (y/n). Of course, we never followed through on that plan, though Lisa was really adamant about doing it. Just because she managed to confess to her significant other by locking themselves into a room worked for them doesn't mean it's going to work with everyone. I won't say I haven't considered getting ourselves locked into a room though.

"That won't work. We have to do something more extreme! How about we break into (y/n)'s hou-"

"Lisa." I cut the overly-excited Thai girl before she could finish that sentence. "No breaking into people's houses. No kidnapping. No renting billboards. No vandalism. I'd rather just go with Jisoo's plan."

Jisoo proudly smiled at me while Lisa simply pouted.

"Ok, maybe we don't break into their house. Maybe we just go in through the wind-"

"That's still breaking in, Lisa." My hand met my forehead.

"But we aren't breaking anything." The youngest of the four tilted her head in confusion.

"That's not the point." Chaeyoung came to my aid.

With her point shot down, she quietly walked away from the three of us to fold some clothing. That left Chae, Jisoo, and I to figure out some rough details on what we were going to do. We decided on a date and finished up work for today.

Days passed and couldn't find the courage to text (y/n). I had to find the perfect words to convince them to come with us. 

A few more days passed and I got a text from (y/n).

"I'd love to."

What?

I quickly pulled up our conversation to see a text I never typed.

It read: "Come to the mall with Chae, Jisoo and I. I don't want to suffer alone while they make me the third wheel."

I looked over to Jisoo, who sat next to me in the back room of the store.

"I don't know who sent that," Jisoo said.

"I never asked, but I guess I know now." I saw worry fill up in Jisoo's eyes as she stared at me. It had to be either her or Chae who wrote the text, but Jisoo's the only one who knows the password to my phone. "I guess I'll be changing the password on my phone again."