Chapter 36 ~ Seventeen

Start from the beginning

She looks up as she hears me walk into the room. "Well...?" She asks, expectantly.

I shake my head and throw my backpack to the side. "Nope. Told you he wouldn't." I lie.

She eyes me suspiciously but then jumps off the bed. She grabs my shoulders and guides me to the bed. I sit on the edge and she grabs the flat iron. "Time to do your hair." She smiles widely.

'Oh god, kill me now.'

2 hours later

I look in the mirror at myself. I'm in a sparkly red, spaghetti strapped dress with a V-neck. I have black heels on and my hair is curled. Nat applied some blush on my cheeks and put mascara on my face too. I look at my phone on the dresser.

Only 30 minutes until homecoming.

I turn around to look at Natasha, who's grinning at me.

"Well?" I ask.

"Perfect." She says.

She makes her way over to the dresser to pack up her makeup and all her other supplies. Just then my phone dings and she looks down at it. She raises an eyebrow and takes my phone, showing me the message.

'Hey what color are you wearing so we can match?'

I quickly snatch the phone from her and look down to hide my blush.

"So... you want to tell me what that was about?" Nat asks with a smug look on her face.

I roll my eyes. "Ugh, fine! You were right. He asked me." I say to her in defeat.

"Ha! So I won the bet then!" She yells.

"Yeah, yeah whatever."

I text Roy back and then look at Natasha. She looks deep in thought.

"What?" I ask her.

She doesn't answer me but looks at the ceiling instead. "FRIDAY, call everyone in here now."

"No, no, no, no, no!" I say.

"They're on their way." FRIDAY answers.

I groan and cover my face with both hands. I take my hands off my face as my door bursts open.

"(Y/n)! Are you okay?" Sam says, coming in with a gun ready and loaded.

Dad comes running with his shield in hand, Rhodey in his full War Machine armor, Wanda with her hands ready with red wisps, and a very confused Vision.

Sam is the first to react. "Woah." Is all he says as his eyes widen.

Everyone looks in my direction and their eyes widen as well. I look away as I feel my face heating up.

"You look so gorgeous!" Wanda squeals.

"Who's the lucky guy?" Sam asks.

I look at him and open my mouth to answer, but just then Roy comes running down the hallway with a katana in his hand, ready to fend off any enemies.

"Holy schnikes!" He says as he looks at me. His jaw drops to the floor and I swear I even saw a bit of drool coming down his face.

I look away again, my face turning a darker shade of red.

"Aww. Someone's blushing." Rhodey teases.

"To answer your question from earlier Sam. I believe (Y/n) is going with Roy." Vision says.

"Yeah, I got that Vis."

Roy looks me up and down. "Y-y-I-uh—" He looks down and I see his cheeks turn red from embarrassment. He's wearing a black suit with a red button-up shirt and a black bow tie. "You look really pretty." He says as he slowly looks up at me.