Chapter Seventeen

Party Day

"Mom! It's 6 hours till party time, you have to wake up!" Lizzie says as she once again tries to wake her mother. The Gang was up late once they got back to the house not being able to stop talking together.

"Alright, I'm up!" Kenna says as she finally sits up, she knows she won't win this fight.

"Good, cause Josie and I want you to do our hair like you always do," Lizzie says smiling at her mother knowing that it'll get her up.

"Give me 10 minutes and ill be in your room, promise," she says standing up and heading to her bathroom.

Lizzie leaves content with herself about finally getting her mother awake and heading to tell Josie and Emery who are waiting in the twins' room.  Exactly 10 minutes later Kenna walks into the girl's room completely different, she's wide awake and smiling at her daughter as she didn't just wake her up from her slumber a few minutes ago.

"How do you girls want your hair?" She asks sitting next to Emery on Lizzie's bed.

"I was thinking a ponytail with loose curls, it goes more with what I'm wearing," Lizzie says excitedly as Kenna nods.

"I was thinking just some braids and the rest of my hair down," Josie says.

"Alright, your wishes are my commands my ladies, consider them done!" Kenna says starting with Lizzie's hair knowing that she would be the one to take more time doing her makeup afterword.

As she begins curling Lizzie's hair, Emery asks, "Hey mom, do you think he's going to try to talk to Jace and I tonight?"

Kenna looks at her daughter and decides to tell her the truth knowing it's what she wanted, "Truthfully, I would be surprised if he doesn't try to, but that doesn't mean you do or don't have to speak to him, you can make that decision," she says to her daughter that nods.

"I just didn't think he'd be there tonight or his entire family," Emery says.

"I know, baby, and I'm sorry about that, but he is a stubborn man that will go lengths to get what he wants, no matter the cost," Kenna says remembering their past memories.

"How did you fall in love with him? if he was so evil?" Josie asks curiously.

Kenna thinks back and answers her daughter with what she remembers, wanting them to understand the slight hope she had for him, "I saw him as passionate, yet broken, he would fight for what he wanted, and I respected him for it."

"Mom, I'm sorry to ask this, but why didn't he fight for you?" Lizzie asks as Kenna looks to Emery who looks to her mom really wanting to know the answer.

"I don't really know too much about that, when I caught him cheating on me, he made himself clear that he didn't have to explain himself to me. I didn't want that for myself but I also still loved him, but then he broke our promise of always being there and fighting for me, and I knew I wouldn't be able to forgive him. I don't know why he didn't fight, I think when he found out about Hope, he gave up on me, maybe I wasn't enough." Kenna rants finally being able to get some things of her chest, finally realizing she just said that in front of her daughters.

"Oh, I'm sorry girls, I didn't mean to say all that, this should be a good time."

"It's ok, mom. You finally were able to get all that off your chest." Emery says.

"Yeah, and now we can have some fun," Josie says putting on some music as she and Emery get up and dance around the room as Kenna continues with Lizzie's hair smiling at her daughters.

3 Hours before Party

Kenna is in her and Ric's room getting herself ready for the party as Ric walks into the bathroom and just stares at Kenna with a smile as she does her hair.

"What's up?" She asks him with a smile.

"Nothing, just admiring," he says as he smirks a little looking at the blush that crept up her cheeks.

She rolls her eyes at him but he goes to stand behind her looking a little nervous.

"What's wrong? You look like I just caught you with a bottle of bourbon in your desk," she says making him chuckle at all the times she has caught him with one.

"Well, I want to, no I really want to, umm, ok you see, no, I don't know," Ric stutters as Kenna just chuckles at his nervousness.

"Ric, we've known each other for a long time, just say it," she says making eye contact with him through the mirror.

"Ok, I'm just going to go right ahead and say it, cause I've been holding it in for a while and I feel like I might actually explode if I don't say it, and I know it might not be the best time or probably the most appropriate but," He rants as Kenna cuts him.

"Ric, spit it out."

"Will you go out with me?" he finally gets out as she looks to him wide-eyed and turns to look at him.

"What?" She whispers not believing that it is finally happening.

"Will you, Kenna Forbes, go out with me? Like on a real date, cause I really love you and not only like your the mother of my children love but the kind that I want to make you smile and happy every day, I want to wake you up with kisses and hugs and be able to be there for you always," Ric starts to rant again as Kenna looks at him with an adoring look in her eyes and a smile.

"Well, what do you say?" He asks.

She gives him a huge smile before launching her arms around his neck to hug him yelling, "Yes, yes, I would love to, nothing would make me happier."

They stay there in each other's arms feeling blissful finally seeing that the person that they have grown to love, feels the same way.

(A.N. Hi readers, thank you so much for the support and I hope you're enjoying the book so far. I just wanted to tell you guys thank you for being patient with the chapters and I promise the next chapter will be the actual party.)