money isn't enough!

I probably shouldn't tease him, but he was so easy to.

The starter was soup.

A creamy one, decorated with prawns and something that resembled a flower in the middle. It looked good, but there was no way I'd be able to replicate that, or even explain what it was.

"You must be Christina," my dinner partner said.

I looked at him.

Alexander leaned into me. "Marketing executive, Chad McGrevor."

I found his hand and gave it a squeeze as thank you.

"Yes," I replied and smiled. How the hell did he know my name? Except the place cards.

He smiled. His hair was white and he had vivid green eyes. Also, he seemed more spirited than Alexander.

"What brings you here again?" he asked.

I looked at Alexander whose gaze was resting on me. It appeared as if he was actually seeing me. Was it a defense mechanism, or wasn't it because he just didn't know how to look like he wasn't bored out of his mind?

"Yes, Alexander," McGrevor said. "I'm Chad."

I smiled. "Alexander invited," I said and looked back at him. "I couldn't reject that invitation."

Alexander actually smiled by that comment. Thank God he was showing some emotion.

Beneath the table he found my hand and held it between both of his.

Chad laughed. "He doesn't often show, how charming he can be?"

"No," I said and smiled. "But we aren't all public people who wish to share our life with anybody."

"Especially not the many prying journalists and photographers," Chad said. "It's impossible to support any charity if you haven't been in a similar situation that the event is supporting, or if you don't know any who has been."

"What?" I asked surprised.

He shook his head, defeated. "I don't know any children who have been placed outside of the home. But I've read about it, and while my wife and I cannot have children of our own, we've had orphanage children or adopted children staying over," he said. "Think about all of those who didn't have that sort of secure base? They have become our children."

I smiled. It was true. I believed. It sounded right.

"What are you working with?" Chad asked.

"Advertisement, and graphic designer," I said.

"Graphic designer?" He asked.

I nodded. "And I concern myself with stocks and obligations."

"A girl with a head for money?" he asked.

I smiled. "I like money," I said. "Who doesn't? But there are others things I love more."

He laughed and took the spoon.

There had been sent a thin slice of bread around, which now very decoratively was placed on the side of the soup plate.

I pulled my hand out of Alexander's so I could eat the soup.

He looked at me. "Stocks and obligations?"

"I have learned how to handle money," I said.

He nodded slowly.

"I'm taking classes too," I added.

"Really?" he asked, surprised.

I nodded. "Just ask," I said and had a spoonful of soup. It was good. Obviously.

Alexander was still looking at me. "Don't you have a bachelor degree?"

I nodded. "What harm is there in learning something new?" I asked.

He didn't answer but looked at his food.

I smiled and had a spoonful of soup. "Have you considered we know nothing about each other?" I asked. It was so quietly no one else would here.

"No," he said and looked at me.

"If you invite me again, I believe it will be difficult for you to not know just a little about what I do." I said.

"You are working with advertisement you're and a graphic designer, that's what you said, so you make advertisements," he said.

"Thanks for making me sound as if I don't do a damn thing." I hissed.

We didn't know one another. But compared to him, I had no one to impress. I didn't try to be a burden just to annoy him, but if he wanted to act stupid?

I tore of a piece of bread and put it in my mouth.

"I didn't mean it like that," he said.

"Then don't phrase it like that," I said.

He took a deep breath and blew out his breath, slowly and controlled.

"I have to use the bathroom," I said. "And no, I'm not running." I added.

He was standing and helped me stand before I had done anything, beside move my napkin.

"Thank you," I said.

He kissed the back of my hand and sat back down when I went to the bathroom.

Couldn't he see that it would help if we knew just the basics about each other?

I went to the bathroom and into a stall.