"you didn't have to move, i just wanted to check up on you, incase you were dead or something." he chuckled, scratching the back of his neck.

"well aren't you so nice?" rolling her eyes, she opened the door wider and stepped out. "is it just the drugs making me hallucinate or is it michael's voice i hear downstairs?"

"yup, it's him. he was bored so he came over but he's been really upset late, like very very very upset." the poor blonde sighed.

it couldn't have been because of brodie; she thought. "like...how upset? on a scale of one to ten?"

"eleven." he scoffed. "he's been an ass all week and its bugging the fück out of me, can you please come down so i could stay up here and just take a nap?"

"the things i do for you," indie laughed before pushing past her brother and walking downstairs to see michael furiously tapping away on his phone. "hey michael."

"indigo." he nodded but his gaze was still concentrated on his phone. she furrowed her eyebrows and took the seat next to him.

"how are you?"

"fine."

"michael..." luke warned only to get an eye roll from the red head.

"it's fine luke," indie sighed, she got up from her seat but michael surprisingly pulled her down again. "what?"

"stay." he whispered, indie furrowed her eyebrows but nodded.

luke thought it was best to leave the two alone in case michael decided to open up or something to her so she could tell him what was wrong so he decided he would go bombard calum's house only because aria was out with her family to do some early christmas shopping.

"guys, i just remembered i have to meet someone," he lied. "i'll see you guys later tonight, bye!"

and then he was gone, when the door shut, indie turned to michael whose eyes were red. "michael, what's wrong?"

"everything! everything."

"can you tell me?"

"no because i'm such a fucking stupid–"

"i know about you and brodie." she cut him off, his breathing hitching, eyes widen and a small gasp escaped his lips.

"you what?" he asked, his voice raising.

"i know about you and brodie..." she repeated herself. "and it's perfectly okay–"

"no!" he shouted, making her flinch. he stood up, indie following his actions. "you weren't supposed to know about that! no one was supposed to know! what the fuck?"

"michael, calm down–"

"don't fucking tell me to calm down, evans!"

"it's fine if you're confused, i completely-"

"fuck you!" he spat, shoving right past her and out of the house, making sure to slam the door shut, hard.

x x x

time flew by, indie sitting and ignoring whatever her teacher was talking about like usual when an assistant knocked on the classroom door. "hi ms laila, there has been a family emergency with someone from this class, indiana evans?"

indie's head shot up, earning a 'what's wrong?' look from her best friend beside her, she only shrugged and spoke up. "i'm indie."

"aah, indie." the assistant nodded, her name was ms wendy. "the office called you, said that your cousin is here. apparently it's a family emergency, you're allowed to take your bags and leave the school grounds and ms laila, could you please email her the work?"