Chapter 24

"I'm telling you someone's gonna get laid tonight," Red spoke while stacking a deck of cards for a full marathon of solitaire later.

"Definitely not us" Jeff replied nonchalantly focusing on every move he makes on the chessboard. It's been long since they vacated Mr. and Mrs. Willforths' room and transferred into their own. Now here they were on the carpeted floor of their hotel suite engaging in a battle of chess and cards.

Red gave him a pointed look before rolling his eyes and shrugging off Jeff's casual half rude half factual remark. He supposed the latter was too busy concentrating on his impending chess match with Pnina to give a damn about what he had just said.

"I meant Miss Serie because she's looking smoking hot and ravishing as fuck" He pointed out.

"And Mr willforth be looking like a gourmet snack tonight" Pnina interjected out of the blue not realizing how thirsty it sounded. "Daddy, oh daddy... Hmmm," she went on, moving her king one block horizontally.

It was the silence that followed when she finally looked up to find both gays looking at her indifferently, one with a frown while the other with disbelief.

"Girl, get your panties together!" Red was fanning an ace over his face. "Wooohhh, someone's getting hot over here"

A smirk grazed over Jeff's feature. "I can tell, y'all looking like leeches" he chuckled.

Red grabbed a discarded pawn beside the chessboard and lobbed it impishly over Jeffs' head aiming for his hair as it was his most prized possession.

"Hey, watch the hair" Jefferson held his hands to cover but by then it was too late. The piece went through his perfectly gelled hair leaving a trail of horizontal disheveled locks behind. Red in return had to snigger at this and Pnina had to suppress a laugh.

"Aye, este loco, mira lo que hiciste! (This crazy man, look at what you did)"
***

The venue was lavishly decorated. It has a giant geodesic dome with immersive 360˚ visual projections of a vast expanse of twilight stars.
Dim lightings were placed on every corner for a more aesthetic visualization. An enormous LED screen sat at the front and decor such as a Swarovski crystal chandelier and a glitter-enthused three-step staircase that led to the stage were wonderfully blended with the atmosphere. Circular tables with a maximum of two to three occupants were carefully positioned in front of the stage.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen. I'd like to express my gratitude to each and everyone for being present in this event. I am pleased to be able to welcome those of you that have been with us for years now as well as those of you who are new to the organization..." The night was young; the perfect time for the event to last a couple of hours. Andrei was behind a podium on the stage giving his opening remark to finally commence the program. This was a corporate event with a purpose to raise global funds in order to financially support unprivileged people, science researches and aid individuals who are victims of abuse.

Serenity and Andrei's table was in front and the nearest to the stage. From there she stared at him with admiration. She knew that deep down in his heart, he's a softy as much as he would never admit it and as much as he wouldn't show it. Regardless of his cold behavior towards her, her heart still found the tenacity to admire him, but that doesn't mean that she loves him. No, she would never do that. Never.

"... And that's all. I hope we help more and more people and may all of us prosper with our humanitarian acts. Let us change the world and what better way to change it than by helping humanity first. Once again thank you and enjoy the rest of the night" A round of applause echoed inside the room as Andrei descended the stage.
He made to go to his wife who was on the other side of the stage but was interrupted during the process when something, or rather someone clashed into his chest making the person who did so tumble backward. Thankfully, Andrei was able to take hold of the person's waist saving it from what would have been a hard fall.