Chapter 7: Daddy's Princess

Magsimula sa umpisa

He saw his daughter preparing his meal. One look at the table preparation, he knows it's for him. Halos lahat ng favorite breakfast menu niya nasa mesa.

His heart is melting. Alam naman niya that his daughter doesn't mean what she said, but it's the first time that he heard her say those words. At masakit para sa kanya kasi higit kanino man, hangad niya ang kaligayahan nito, kahit hindi pa handa ang puso niya na magka pamilya na si Athena sooner or later, alam naman niyang doon din papunta yon.

He took his time watching his daughter's every move in the kitchen. There is so much commitment to finish and appease whomever she wanted to appease.

There's so much love in there. He saw her frowned—and he remembers that look kasi yan ang ginagawa niya pag may di siya sigurado sa ginagawa niya.

And when his daughter figures out what's missing. Her face lights up. She went to the coffee maker and pour coffee in two mugs. She puts the other mug on the table which he guess it's for him.

She sits down and sips her own coffee. She looks at her phone, maybe contemplating on what to do next—ete-text ba niya ako? Or pupuntahan niya ako sa taas?

The princess decided at the last minute to go upstairs, but before she could walk 5 steps, she froze because she saw me standing at the corner—watching her.

He saw his daughter's demeanor changed. Hindi ito mapakali.

"Good morning, Daddy..." halos pabulong nitong sabi. Tumungo ang ulo nito at nakatingin sa sahig waiting for his next step.

"Good morning, my Princess." napataas bigla ang ulo nito and tumingin sa kanya when she heard what he just said.

Nakita niya ang pagbuo ng mga luha sa mga mata ng Prinsesa niya and right there, he knew, a bloke of ice has been melted. Kahit anong gawin niya, his Princess will always melt his heart. Wala na ang tampo niya kagabi, para itong naglahong parang bula. Just like his Queen, hindi niya matitiis ang dalawang napaka importanteng babae sa buhay niya—of course not counted ang ina niya at kapatid na babae.

"Is that my breakfast?" He asked.

"Yes. I cooked for you, Daddy. I hope you'll forgive me. I am sorry, Daddy, it's not my intention to hurt your feelings. I love you so much, Daddy..." At tuloyan ng bumagsak ang luha ng Prinsesa niya.

"Come here..." he said and open his arms to his daughter.

Agad tumakbo si Athena at pumaloob sa bisig niya.

"Oh, what would I do to protect you, sweetheart..." He uttered while hugging his daughter.

Patuloy sa pag iyak si Athena, and it's breaking his heart.

"Sssssh... stop crying. We're good. Isa lang ang hiling ko Athena, whatever I did or will be doing is for you and your own happiness, never think otherwise, sweetheart."

"I know, Daddy. I am sorry. I love you..."

"I love you, Athena, stop crying na... alam mong mahina si Daddy sa luha mo at ni Mommy diba?"

Athena looks at her Dad. RJ wipes his daughter's tearstained face.

"You are so beautiful, sweetheart, like Mommy...so don't ever allow yourself to cry for some bastard, okay?"

Athena nods.

"Pwede na ba akong kumain, sweetheart?"

"Yes Daddy..." Athena said at inakay nito ang ama sa mesa.

"Are you sure walang luha mo ang pagkain na ito, Athena?" RJ jokingly said.

"Muntik na Daddy, please eat...and eat well. Asan si Mommy? Gising na? I cooked for them too."