EMOTIONAL SUPPORT

"Are you sure you have to leave?" My grandma says as I help Harry buckle up the kids in their car seats. "You can stay another night, I will cook your favorite."

"You know I'd love to, grandma but Harry has work and the kids have school." I explain, putting my hands on either side of her shoulders. "I'll miss you." I say with a smile.

We hug and she rubs my back. "You just come back whenever, okay? The door's always open." When we break the hug, she pulls Harry in for a massive hug as well catching him off guard making me hold in a laugh. "You too, this is your home whenever you'd like, and bring those sweet kids with you."

"Will do, thank you so much for your hospitality. It was lovely meeting you." Harry says making my grandma caress his cheek.

"And don't forget what I said about the sex." She half whispers to Harry but I am able to hear her.

"Grandma!" I say making her wave me off. She goes to the kids and gives Penelope a bag of chocolate chip cookies.

"For the road, but make sure not to eat too many or you'll get cavities." She says to them before kissing their foreheads.

"Thank you, nana." Penelope says making my grandma smile before she closes their door. She walks over to us and gives us one last hug before we are back on the road.

"Why did we have to go?" Sophia asks with cookie in her mouth.

"It's rude to talk with your mouth full!" Penelope scolds making Sophia roll her eyes in a cute way.

"You girls have school tomorrow and your dad has to go to work." I say, watching them from my mirror. I watched as Eric's hand reaches out for another cookie making Penelope give him one.

"Daddy works so much." Penelope grumbles. "Daddy you work too much!" She redirects her question, almost as if she wants to let him know she was talking about him.

Harry glances at her through his mirror with a smile. "Well daddy has to work this much in order to buy you girls what you like." He says making me sit back and listen to their conversation.

"Nanny?" Penelope says to me this time making me turn to her.

"Yes baby?"

"Did you know daddy's a liar?" Penelope says with a hint of sass in her tone making me giggle.

"I'm right here, P." Harry says with a squint of his eyes.

"Why's that, Penny?"

"Because, nanny!" She exasperates. "He says he works this much to get us what we want, but what we want is a puppy! Right Sophie?"

"Yeah, we want a puppy, daddy." Sophia joins making me turn to Harry.

"We've been over this, girls." He starts. "You two are still too young for that type of responsibility when you can't even brush your own hair yet." Harry says in a tone that made it seem like they were having some sort of battle of who can have the last word, and by the looks of it it appears Harry won.

"Nanny, tell daddy not to talk to us." Penelope says making Harry and I laugh. The rest of the car ride is silent, the girls had fallen asleep mid-movie and the only ones awake were Harry and I.

"So," Harry begins, running his fingers through his hair. "How are you?" He says awkwardly making me let out a small giggle.

"Harry, it's fine." I say. "We kissed, we slept on the same bed. How do you feel about that?" I say, getting straight to the point he was trying to reach.

He lets out a breath. "Honestly?" I nod. "I liked it. I didn't realize how long it's been since I was intimate in that way, you know?" He says, glancing to me before looking back to the road. "With Renata, it was never like that. There'd be sex, lots and then she'd distance herself. That's not entirely true, at first we would cuddle and do cute things normal couples do, but then it all changed way too quickly."

I nod, listening to him speak. "What actually happened? If it's alright I ask."

He bites the inside of his cheek. "Things were already bad after Penelope was born, but she stayed with me and I thought it was because we had a kid together." He shakes his head. "When I'd be off at work, I would always get a notification on my phone about her location whenever she left the house. Always at the same place, obviously I never questioned her about it because I didn't want to get her angry -" he stops himself, looking away before turning his gaze back to the road.

"Harry, you can tell me." I say, placing my hand over his. "If you want to."

He hesitates for a while before speaking again. "The doctors said she had PPD after Sophia was born and then things kind of went to shit. She'd get even more angry and then there was some instances where she'd throw things at me whenever she would pick fights. Then it escalated from throwing things to actual physical fights, obviously not on my part ever." He says making my stomach drop. "She'd never really apologize, it was always about the sex and then she forgot to take her birth control one day and thus Eric. That was kind of the peak of it all."

I was at loss for words. "She left when Eric was around three months, after my company went bankrupt and I went broke because of -" he stops himself. "It was absolute hell. I was broke, with a then five year old, a three year old and a new born." He sighs, I watch his jaw visibly clench. "After that, she's been out of our lives for good. Sophia was the one that had it the worst. With Renata's PPD she didn't really bond with her, hence her nightmares about her mother not being there."

"That's horrible, Harry." I say, I was fighting back tears. "I'm so sorry you had to go through that." Not only was he being cheated on, he was being physically and emotionally abused and basically abandoned with kids while being broke. "But you've kept it together and look where you're at now." I say, trying to make him feel better.

He lets out a small chuckle. "Give yourself a bit more credit, Rosalie. You've been great help these past months."

He places his hand over mine this time before locking his gaze on mine, and I couldn't help but wonder what could prosper from this.