Preparations

the mildewy scent of wet rock filled the air accompanied with a far off drip, the darkness broken by the glow of a small torch and the sound of small, timid, shuffling feet approaching a tall dark shape crouched over a flat topped boulder,
toiling over a small copper cauldron with an odd black fluid.
"s-sir I..." came the small voice of a common female house elf.
"Pinky I told you not to bother me down here"
Snapes low flat voice always made her uneasy like something bad was about to happen
"I am so sorry... but something appeared in your office, something is wrong in Azkaban"
the rest of what little color his face had drained.

With unwavering concentration the potions master squeezed the small cauldron of liquid making it heat up unflinching as steam shot from between his fingers searing the flesh.

the sound of Pinky smashing her face into the wall could be heard in the distance.

"bad pinky, bad, master told you never to bother him neeggh!"

Snape immediately ladled the thin black liquid into a small glass cylinder popping a seal onto it, not worrying about pleasantries anymore he rushed quickly out of the dungeons into the lower levels of Hogwarts.

Snape felt an uneasy, prickly feeling as he entered his office.
"reveal yourself," he whispered to the emptiness.
as soon as the last syllable left, there was a quick shimmer at the end of the dank office, as three death eaters appeared and stepped forward.
"What do you want, Sectamis?" said snape impatiently wit ha slight curl of disdain in his lip.

the middle, more aged death eater stepped forward and sat at the desk, Snape made a subtle expression of disgust at having someone he found so loathsome even when he was part of them.
"State your business or get out."
his growing anger made his words even flatter.

"Come on now, is that any way to treat an old comrade?"

Snapes disdain grew as he watched Sectamis put his feet up on the desk.
"ya know ya got it awful comfy here while the rest -o- us is goin out and gettin all dirty and you rub elbows wi' tha enemy we was wonderin how loyal you really are!"
he spat out the last two words while the other two tensed, Snape instinctively readied his hand for action.
"Haven't I provided information that has brought us farther than we have ever been, run the risk of countering the castles apparition barrier"
Snapes anger became more apparent with each word.
wrenching his sleeve back Snape revealed the dark mark.
"it burns everyday yet I endure it my loyalty is and always will be with the dark lord!"
Snapes eyes stared wide and deadly.

"all righ all righ then, you need to go they're having trouble with an associate of yours, seems he's ready to spill his favours and needs silenced"
Snape knew exactly who and exactly where he needed to go.
"oy yer not even gonna say bye bye"
came Sectamis with a sneering grin.
Snape turned back unperturbed.
"my loyalties are to the dark lord, not to you"
and with that he dispersed his counter spell violently throwing the three death eaters out of the castle and back to where they came.