Prologue

Hey Guys!!

Thanks so much for taking the time to have a look into my first ever story published on Wattpad!! I’m so excited to be writing my first Percy Jackson Fanfiction.

A bit of heads up…. It might be a fair amount of writing until Rick Riordan’s amazing characters and Camp Half Blood comes into the scene.

Please read and review my story, positive or negative comments will be taken aboard and gratefully accepted:) And if you enjoy the story, please upvote it and follow it because I will be updating and adding more chapters, every week or so hopefully :)

I dedicate this chapter to my awesome sister Primannabethweasly, please check out her amazing stories. Thankyou for hooking me on to such an awesome website and supporting all of my crazy fanfics!              

The stench of death and the compressing, restricting gloom in the Underworld was strong, on the best of days. Tortured souls trickled in through the doors of death  in orderly lines, and wails of the terrified and pained screams could be heard reverberating through every wall of Hades palace. The Underworld is no place for the living, no matter how brave of heart.

During what is known to mortals as ‘World War Two’, was a much deeper and more  ancient war, fought by valiant soldiers from two distinct sides.  A fact that remains true for both demigods and mortals is the war, whether it be called the Great War of Gods  or World War Two, was a slaughter of epic proportions, meaning more souls passing through the doors,and louder and more desperate wails.

For the tortured queen of the Underworld, Persephone, the more desperate the wails, the more etched they became into her skull, like a deep and wounding gash into her soul . The Underworld was not as awful as it seemed, there was a nice rose garden in her honour and the darkness became inviting after a while. But it was the screams and the loneliness that drove Persephone into despair, and despair is a dangerous tool.

Hades was not a bad man. He was one of the reasons she was not one of those souls passing through the doors, especially when he was in a half excusable mood. Although not a bad man, Hades was fond of gruesome deaths and was immersed fully into the war, ignoring his wife. This was one of the soul reasons she the unspeakable.

Persephone was not a happy woman, her relationship was abusive and her life shrouded in unspeakable darkness, but as they say there is always a light at the end of the tunnel, and when it came time for Persephone to leave the Underworld, for her six months with her mother, she was ready for some light and happiness.

There was no mistaking that Persephone was depressed. She was lost and robbed of the love she was once given, so she sought out the only care that could heal her. The care of a loving mother, HER loving mother Demeter.

Demeter cared much for Persephone, and she realised the darkness creeping inside her daughter, and was disturbed. Once again, Persephone was alone, so she embarked on a quest to find a lover, to find a friend who was happy, who made her forget her own trauma.

A quest that lead her into the arms of her husbands arch nemesis and brother, Zeus. He was drunk in his war victory, as the war was children of Zeus and Poseidon against children of Hades, and spent all his time on Persephone, hiding his relationship from the other Olympians. After three months, Persephone realized she was expecting a child. Terrified in her realization that her foolish decision would cause a fully fledged war of  the Gods, the end of the world. She was once again lost, and returned to her mother in desperation. Demeter turned the child into a seed, and placed a curse on it so that when it grew into a plant and shed it’s first flower, the tree would turn into a child once again. Both mother and daughter knew that they were only postponing their problem, but at least Zeus would never know.

At the end of the war, Zeus, Poseidon and Hades made an oath to never have anymore children, they were too powerful. Persephone cowered, knowing this was simply adding unnecessary fuel to the fire.