Introduction

(Harry's POV)

I look down at the sharp blade in front of me. The voices of my classmates echo through my mind.

"You're so worthless Styles, just kill yourself already,"

I take a deep breath and roll up my sleeves.

"The world would be better off without you,"

I hold the blade up to my wrist.

"Go to hell, faggot. Queers like you don't belong here."

I glide the blade along my wrist as the voices continue to flood through my mind.

"We all want you dead,"

I walk over to the medicine cabinet and grab a bottle of pills. I look in the mirror only to see a sad boy standing in front of me. Bags under his eyes, pale face, dead eyes. My blood drips down on the bathroom floor. Every bad thing that has ever happened to me flashes through my mind.

I have to do this.

I begin to swallow the pills one by one, not caring about anything in the world. I'm going to be free now..

"You win." I whisper.

Before I could swallow anymore, the door swings open.

"Harry?" My sister cries out. She looks at my bloody wrist and tired eyes and covers her mouth. Her eyes get watery, and she begins to cry out. She calls for my mom. My vision begins to get blurry and I can't focus on what's happening right now.

And then I hit the floor.

-

"He's waking up!" I hear an unfamiliar voice say.

I open my eyes and I'm blinded by the fluorescent lights. I'm in a hospital.

I rub my eyes and try to take in my surroundings. Two women are hovering over me, along with a man in blue scrubs.

"Hey kid, do you know your name?" The man says.
"Of course I do, Harry Styles."
"Good. Dr. Paleski will be coming in here to ask some questions. Please answer them honestly, and do not be afraid. He's a good guy."

I close my eyes for a bit and wait for this Paleski guy.

"Harry?" A deep voice says. "I'm Dr. Paleski."
"Hi." I mumble.
"Do you remember what happened?"
"I tried to kill myself. That's all I remember."
Dr. Paleski writes stuff down on his clipboard.
"And what drove you to do that?"
"I had a bad day at school."
"Do you mind me asking what happened?"
"I was with my best friend Jared. He's on the football team. As a joke, I winked at him. One of Jared's teammates came over and started yelling at me, calling me gay, queer, a faggot, all because I winked at my best friend. Then more football players came over and began to beat me up. Jared just stared at the situation. He didn't try to stop it or anything. Then one of the football players turned to Jared and said, "Are you going to punch him too? Or are you gay too?" Jared said, "No I'm not gay, I swear!" And the football player said, "Then prove it." Right then and there, My best friend, Jared, punched me square in the face. "Queer," He spat. And out of all the punching and kicking, Jared turning against me like that hurt the most. The rest of the day everyone told me to kill myself, they told me the world would be better without me. All because I winked at my best friend. So I came home, slit my wrist, and swallowed some pills. But I didn't swallow enough pills, obviously."

"That's a good thing though, right? That you didn't swallow enough pills?"

"No, it's not. I wanted to get away and escape from it all. This filthy messed up world is too hard to live in."

"Okay, Harry. Thank you for your time."

Dr. Paleski walks out of the room and my mom comes in afterwards.

"Harry, I'm so glad you're okay." She kisses my cheek and squeezes my hand tightly.

"I'm not okay.." I whisper.

"What was that?"

"I said I want to go home,"

"Harry, you can't go home. You have to stay in the hospital for a bit.."

"How long?"

"31 days.."

"Great." I shrug.

"Ma'am? You have to leave now, visiting hours are over." A man says to my mom.

"Okay. Goodbye Harry, I'll see you later. Please be good, I promise I will be back to see you soon. I love you." She kisses my forehead and walks outside the room.

"So, Harry. I will now take you up to your room. You have a roommate. But don't worry, he's a nice kid."

"A roommate? Wonderful." I say sarcastically. I get off my bed and follow the man to my room.

"Here we are," The man says, opening the door. He hands me my bag and a key and closes the door.

I walk over to my bed and see a person laying down on the bed next to it.

"Hello?" I say.

"Hey." The kid says, facing the wall so I can't see his face.

"I'm Harry."

The kid rolls over. I can see his face now. He has blue eyes, brown hair, pink lips, and that's all I can see, since the rest of him in under a blanket.

"I'm Louis." He says.

/////////////////////

hey okay so that was the first chapter. It's not that good but bare with me.

-meadow