Chapter 1

Rain spattered against the windshield, sounding like plastic bullets at the speed he was driving. I glanced over to stare at his handsome profile, eyes intent and focused on the road ahead.

"My love...?" My soft voice whispered sweetly, reaching an arm around to the back of his neck so I could massage his dark skin tenderly.

"Mmm, yes my dear?" His deep husky voice made me smile even harder as I continued to stare.

"What time do you work today?"

He glanced down at his phone screen, checking the time. "From 5:30 to 10:30."

I pouted. It was 4 now and by the time we got home it'd be 4:20. I wiggled back into the car's seat, sighing softly. I was happy we went shopping for groceries but if it meant losing precious time with my husband, I wasn't so sure anymore.

His keen chocolate eyes noticed my displeasure and he reached over to grasp my hand with his strong dark one. "Hey, I'll be home before you know it. The Guys really need my help tonight, we're working on a new machine that just came in and I get to design the start up and ending equations that will ultimately allow us either easy access with adequate results, or rough access with increasing results in the study of the atom and it's close ratio awareness of its surroundings."

I tried to focus on his words, being a lover of science myself, but my eyes began traveling down his strong jaw and dark stubble, his long lashes and thick lips, his deep gaze and his strong shoulders. I felt my cheeks heat up instantly as my gaze traveled lower to the bulge in his jeans...

"Babe, babe? Are you even listening to me?"

I blinked quickly, snapping my head up to stare into his face, embarrassed at being caught. "Errm- yeah! Of course I am! A-Atoms and new machines and such..."

My cheeks were probably bright red but he just laughed and leaned over to press a quick kiss to them, "You're silly~"

I smiled warmly and fluttered my eyelashes at him with a quiet giggle. "You're silly for calling me silly."

He grinned wide, his whole face lighting up in playful mischief. "Oooh is that how the story goes?"

"What story?!" I gasped and snickered, stretching out my seat belt to press a series of small kisses against his jaw and neck, my breath warm and gentle against his sensitive skin.

I heard him inhale sharply, his grip on the steering wheel tightening as his eyelids fluttered. I knew I hit a soft spot. In truth we had only ever made love once; our honeymoon. It was my first time and I remembered it so clearly, about a weak or two ago...

~*~

"Come on hurry!" I shouted over my shoulder, the soft red dress tight against my skin and framing my thin curves perfectly but at the same time, the bottom flared out to show my long legs and give me room to run.

Jogging down the streets of Spain in the dead of the night, cream colored buildings filled with worn memories and chipped roofs lined either side of me. The warm breeze whipping back my long brown hair, allowing me to see with bright hazel eyes that glowed even brighter at the special occasion.

"Wait up sonic! These pants weren't made for running!"

"But these boots were made for walking!" I yelled with a louder laugh.

I heard his out-of-breath chuckle and decided to stop and let him catch up. I closed my eyes, the wind changing course to blow strands of hair over my shoulders and tickle my nose.

I finally felt his long arms wrap around my waist from behind, his desperate effort to suck air into his lungs audible and almost dramatic.

"Oh come on. There was once a time where you were faster than me." I smiled and poked his hard stomach.