Chapter 36| Rachel

Start from the beginning

"I didn't want to talk to anybody!! I'm entitled to do so, what's your problem?" I yell back and Danny gets in the middle of us as we are at each other's throats and I can see she is fuming with anger.

"Cut it out! Both of you!" He says in a very strict, bossy way looking at us all serious. I exhale irritated but stay silent and so does Tina.

"You have no right to get mad at us for worrying about you." He says to me and I open my mouth to protest but he cuts me off. "No,listen to me. Last night was hell for us. Imagine my surprise when you weren't at Tina's as I thought. My blood run cold! I thought something happened to you on your way there. You left thep house so upset and not in the right state of mind. What I was supposed to think?" He explains to me all the emotions clear on his face and I lower my sight again feeling guilty.

"You know I was about to call all the hospitals in the city for your ungrateful ass?I didn't even think about lovey-boy until we had our stomachs in a knot thinking that you might have crushed somewhere all alone! Only to have you yelling at us?" She says still upset barely controlling herself.

"Alright! Geez! I'm sorry!!" I say defeated and drop my hands.

"How nice! Now I don't feel so shitty, thank you." She remarks sarcastically and I frown my brows.

"Babe! Enough!" Danny says looking at her with a serious expression and she shrugs.

"Babe?" I say mockingly and he sends me a death glare.

"Don't!" He hisses and I straighten my face. "God! What has gotten into both of you? You're not kids anymore to fight like spoiled brats putting me in the middle to act as a referee. Take a seat so we can talk like adults. This is a serious situation, it's not a cat fight." He says annoyed and moves to his chair loosening his tie as he sits down looking at us expectantly.

I sit down with my arms crossed in my chest. I feel uncomfortable with them ganging up on me. Tina sits next to me but she is facing the other way still mad.

"Alright. That's more like it. So, are you ok?" Danny says looking at me.

"I'm fine." I say annoyed. He still looks concerned and I'm starting to think I'm not the only thing that concerns him. "How about you?" I ask almost whispering and Tina snorts but I choose to ignore it. He leans into his chair looking exhausted all the sudden and it's the first time I notice the dark circles under his eyes.

"I've been better." He says and clears his throat.

"What does she want?" I ask through my clenched teeth.

"Well, apparently she wants a relationship with us, to make amends." He says with a straight face.

"Bullshit! Is she out of money? Or was she dumped?" I say spitefully and Tina looks at me smirking slightly.

"She didn't say anything like that. I didn't want to hear anything anyway so I send her away." 

"She did put a good fight though." Tina added.

"You were there?" I turn to her and she shrugs.

"Dan called to tell me about you and when you didn't show up I went over there. I caught just the ending. She was a bitch though."

"Tina!" Dan scolds her.

"Don't Tina me! She was! She was treating you like garbage!" She says fumed and I smile. That's my girl over there! Brutally honest.

"Whatever the case, she left it up to us to contact her." He says again looking directly at me but I shrug.

"Yeah… not interested." I say and press my lips in a hard line.

"You sure? This might be your only chance to know her. I have some memories with her, some good and some bad, but you have nothing. I wouldn't want to miss anything out of spite." He says and I can see even though it hurts him talking about her he has my best interest at heart.

"I don't care. I don't to want to know her, I don't want to hear her lame excuses."

"You know, she might be dying." Tina says playing with the ends of her hair looking carefree but Danny is shocked by her statement.

"Even better." I say harshly. Tina smiles with my answer but Danny looks serious.

"Why don't you take some time to think about that? You are angry right now and you can't think straight." Danny says again.

"Will you go see her?" I ask him and he snorts.

"No fucking way! I had enough of her. I'm not going down that road again. For all I care she can go to hell." I smile at his reaction and he puts a straight face after he sees me.

"Well then, you got your answer. I'd appreciate if she didn't try anything else like the stunt she pulled last night." I place my hands on Danny's desk and look him straight in the eyes intensely.

"She won't." He says shaking his head.

"Okay. I think we're done here." I say and I get up.

"Where do you think you're going?" Tina says standing up to face me.

"Um.. home. To take a bath and sleep.. why?" I look at her feeling lost.

"Yeah, I don't think so Queen bee. Firstly you have to tell me with explicit details had happened between you and nerdy boy yesterday." She says crossing her arms.

"No,no. I don't wanna hear about that." Danny says looking disgusted. "You can go now!" He says shooing us off looking relieved and in better mood.

Tina leans in to kiss him and I wrinkle my nose.

"So you guys are a thing now?"

"Yes. You're not the only one allowed to have a boyfriend, although mine is so much hotter." Tina says with a smug smile and Danny's eyes are sparkling. Look at that! He has it bad! "I guess you have to share your spotlight your Highness." 

I roll my eyes at her and hook my arm with hers as we are walking out of Danny's office, closing the door behind us.

"Now.. tell me e-ve-ry-thing!!" She says and I laugh!!!

A/N: Hello lovely people!! Feels so good to be back!! I wanna thank you all for your support and the love you are showing to this story!! You guys rock!!! Anyway this is a long overdue update but hopefully the next one will come sooner!
So you know the drill by now. If you liked it please press the little star down below to make me happy! And if you're up for it leave me a comment to know what you think will happen next!   I'll tag those you got it right in the next chapter!!
Sending you lots of love!!!!💕💕💕💕😘😘😘