Chapter 22|Rachel

"You are looking at your menu for quite some time." Danny says crossing his hands on the table with a smirk on his face. I shrug and I continue to browse through the card in front of me. Honestly I'm not actually looking.

"Trying to decide what to get." I say and my voice sounds weird. Feels so flat, not a hint of emotion hidden in it.

"Aren't you going to get the cobb salad?" He says again and I can feel his eyes piercing me. I try to avoid direct eye contact at all costs. I don't want to talk about what happened and I know my brother, he will want to and eventually he is gonna pull the truth out of me. That is of course if he doesn't know already. And I don't believe he thinks this is about that stupid car of his. I think he was just being considered and subtle, qualities that aren't exactly my fortes.

I drop my menu and sign.

"Ah,fine. The cobb salad."

He chuckles with my reactions and calls the water to take our order.

"Bug, you want diet coke?" He asks me and i turn my head to him looking lost.

"Ah, no. A long Island iced tea for me. Thanks." I say mostly to the waiter that nods slightly to my response.

"Wow,bug is a little early to be drinking."

His gray eyes have darkened a bit and the smirk on his face has vanished.

"I'm a big girl. I can handle it." I send him a death glare and look at the waiter again trying to force a smile on my face. "And keep them coming."

"You wanna tell me what happened?" Danny asks crooking his head to the side studying me but I turn my gaze to the window looking at the street which is filled with people walking up and down looking busy. That's when I see a cute couple meet up. They look so happy as they see each other,smiling and giggling until they fall to each other's arms and kiss.

Oh, fuck off!!! I think bitterly as I see them. Why can't I have that?

"Rach! Talk to me. Come on now bug, you know I can help you." Danny wakes me up from my daze and I look at him for the first time since we felt the office. He seems genuinely concerned and I'm debating whether or not I should spill my guts out.

"You don't have to play dumb with me, you know. I can tell you know what's happening." I say to him taking a huge gulp from my drink that just arrived. Alcohol, the liquid courage, best thing ever. And the best way for temporary memory loss.

"I have several assumptions in mind but I would like you to tell me what's going on."

I take another sip from my drink and i lean back in my chair sighing.

"I like him. I like him so, very much. But he is impossible!" I end up saying and Danny laughs.

"You are impossible as well. You have that in common." He says smiling.

"No Danny seriously! I don't know what to do or say to him because he gets agitated immediately. I'm feeling lost half the time. Plus he has this built up image of me in his mind from some rumours he has heard and whatever I do doesn't change his mind." I blab unstoppable and take a sip once again. Danny, who is looking at my drink the whole time, takes the glass away from me and I'm about to protest but I stop with the death glare he is sending my way.

"Ok, first of all you re gonna have to slow down with the drinking. Now, tell me what does he think you?" He says calmly and I take a deep breath.

"He thinks I'm a snotty, spoiled, arrogant bitch. To sum it up."

"Bug, no offense but you are all of those things." He says sweetly stroking my hand.

"I know! But I'm not only that. I have another side too. And I hate it well he calls me queen bee." I say mockingly staring at the tablecloth.

Danny shakes my hand and makes me look up at him, his eyes full of understanding.

"Honey, you call yourself queen Rachel since kindergarten. You,even, invented your own land."

"Rachelland was just an influence of Friends, you know that. And as for the queen Rachel, dad always called me princess but it didn't seem right to me since I was the only female in the family since she.."

"Don't go there." He cut me off with a stern voice and I looked at him. His eyes were cold and the smile vanished for his lips along with the color of his face. He looked awfully pale all of the sudden.

"Sorry." I muttered. Damn me and my mouth.

"Let's move on." He says and clears his throat out loud straightening his jacket. The waiter came and left are food right on the spot so he took a couple of minute to calm himself.

I started picking at my salad but I didn't have any appetite left anyways.

"So, anyway was he the guy you went on a date with?" Danny says wiping his mouth, looking ok again.

"Yeah."

"And then what? He snapped at you for no reason?"

"Oh, there was a reason. See, I called him mine. Any other guy in the world would have begged me to say that but,no! He had to go to take it as an insult. Making look like an egomaniac." I say scoffing and dropping my fork to my plate with a loud noise making a few heads turn our way.

"Easy there tiger." Danny says chuckling. "What brought that on?"

I stare at him for a second thinking very thoroughly my choice of words. I won't say anything about her, despite what people think I'm not that mean, tattling to her boss about how slutty she is.

"I was jealous and may or may not sounded a little possessive." I drag every word a bit as realisation hits me. Wow, I was possessive. That's an ugly position to be in.

Well, smack my ass and call me Judy!!

He was right! Damn!!

A/N: Hello-dee-lo!! How are you, beautiful people!!! As you can see i have a little surprise here for you, albeit small, but good enough to last you a few days!! I've left bits and pieces here and there about some drama that is going to be unraveled soon enough. caan you guys guess what it is?? Also, how wonderfull is Danny. i mean come on! anyone would kill for a brother like him, right? Please let me know your thoughts about this chapter.

And as always don't forget to vote and maybe share the story with your friends if you like it!!

Thank you for all the support!! you guys rock!!

Until next time!!!