Chapter 12: Mother Knows Best

As Cora headed straight for Emma with her hand out about to conjure magic she suddenly stopped and looked at the blonde with a confused face.

Hmm. What to do? I was going to just take her heart and crush it. Now I'm thinking I might pose as her and destroy her that way. Hmm. Cora thought.

"If you're going to kill me could you just get it over with already?" Emma asked.

"No. I don't think so. Watching how you react to not knowing how or when I'm going to kill you is quite entertaining, don't you think?" Cora responded.

As Cora paced back-and-forth on the floor going over the different ways she could destroy the blonde, Emma's phone rang again.

"That thing is so annoying with all the ringing. How is a woman supposed to come up with a brilliant plan to destroy someone's life with that thing going off every five minutes?" Cora said aloud.

"It's probably your daughter. She's probably wondering why am not at her house by now." Emma said.

"Yes, yes I know. She's going to think you're running late or forgot. Then she'll get worried, which is what she's doing now. Then she'll start to think the worst. And that my dear is what I want." Cora stated.

"Why do you want to hurt Regina? You're her mother. You're supposed to make her happy, not make her miserable and unhappy." Emma asked.

"You don't understand. My daughter has a problem that she refuses to acknowledge. She thinks with her heart, instead of taking that stupid thing out and using her head. I am her mother you're right. I know what's best for her. Love never lasts. It leaves you sad, hurting, and unhappy. Power is everything. Once she is burned by love again she will finally realize what I've been saying was true all along." Cora said.

"You clearly have been burned a few times if that's what you think love is all about. Love can make you hurt like you've never hurt before, but it can also make you feel things, see things, experience things like you never have before." Emma explained.

Cora wasn't going to let Emma's nice words cloud her mind or change it. She was hellbent on ruining Regina's happiness so she could be the one to help her realize how much her daughter needed her.

"You have no idea what it's like to be a mother. You gave up your child. Don't sit there and lecture me about what's best for my daughter or try to give me life lessons. You have no idea what it's like." Cora shouted.

Having had enough of the blonde Cora conjured up magic and knocked Emma unconscious. Cora then disguised herself as Emma and left the library headed for Snow White's apartment.