fairy lights and italian

"tegan! get dressed, we're going out!" i heard from downstairs. i wasn't feeling up to it, but i knew i sort of had no choice. i also didn't want to wear makeup, but i knew they would be taking lots of pictures so i sort of had to look presentable, or i would hate my appearance on any instagram post.

i chose a two piece, blue, floral, skirt and top, and wore my white air forces. when i looked in the mirror, for approval of my outfit, i noticed my tan lines. they were quite harsh, but luckily i had mainly worn bandeau bathing suits so the lines weren't too obvious.

when i walked downstairs, i was greeted by bethan and sara, both dressed super casual. i guessed this just meant we were going for a walk to the shops or something, but they told me it was too late to change now. after i locked the apartment, sara told me to close my eyes. they told me to trust them, so i sighed and did as they asked. 

with our arms interlocked, they walked me to our destination. it was hard getting up the stairs, but we made it. i felt a breeze hit me, but thankfully i wasn't cold. they released my arms, and then my hands were took by two other. at this point i still hadn't opened my eyes. bethan then told me i could open them and look around. what i was met with was beautiful.

the location they had took me to was the roof were ian and i had kissed. there was a butterfly gazebo which was covered in fairy lights. the ground was covered in blankets and pillows. there was a makeshift table with pizza and pasta boxes on. then i looked further, and noticed a sheet against the wall of the roof door, with a projector in front of this.

then, what shocked me most, was the face i was met with, stood in front of me. ian was stood there with a cheeky grin plastered across his face. i realised what was happening. i quickly hugged bethan and sara before they left the roof top.

then, i turned to ian, and smiled.

"so, what's all this then?" i asked, laughing as i sat down.

"you sound so british when you say that." i laughed and shifted closer to him. "i know you're going tomorrow, and i wanted to say a proper goodbye."

although this was nice, i thought this was a date. but then it hit me, it would never work. we live in different parts of the world! 

"so, what film do you want to watch?" i asked, attempting to take my mind off of it.

"that part is actually up to you. but first..." before i could process what he had said, i found his lips on mine once more. the kiss was short, but definitely sweet. when he pulled away, i could feel the shade of scarlet across my face. he caressed my cheek and then kissed me again. before it got too heated, he pulled away again! "damn girl, you're really going for it!"

"i'm sorry, i just really want to kiss you!"

"it's okay, i'm in the same boat." then, he cupped my cheek, and kissed me again. this time the kiss was slower, more passionate. after a while, we chose a film and lay back. i had eaten some of the food, but focused more on the film. i still don't know what the film was; i was more focused on listening to his heartbeat as i lay across his chest.

this is it, i got everything i wanted; everything i needed. this is my happy ending.