45. The Tattoo on my Heart

Start from the beginning

He then brought his fingers towards the inside of the heart and let them meet. Hoping he reached the center, he moved a finger slightly to the left and brought the machine back to his finger. He engraved a shaky 'TK' inside it. 

"Done, I guess" he said and switched it off.

To say Jungkook was speechless would have been an understatement. 

He fought the lump in his throat as he stared at the tattoo his boyfriend had made. 

Yes, the heart was shaky, and so were the letters. But he felt overwhelmed by the symbol that he made. He felt overwhelmed by how careful his boyfriend had been to try and be perfect. 

"It's perfect" he whispered. He bandaged his leg and threw himself on Taehyung, successfully startling the poor soul and making him yelp loudly.

"Aren't you going to have any customers?" Taehyung asked. "Nope. The parlour is closed for today" Jungkook replied, wrapping himself around his boyfriend like a koala. 

"Then why di-" Jungkook cut him off by placing both of his hands on his cheeks and squeezed his face.

"Shhhhh!! No talking! Just listen" Jungkook said. Taehyung nodded, bewildered by his action. 

"Will you marry me?" Jungkook asked. "W-What?" Taehyung was beyond shocked. 

"Will you marry me? I don't want to live with anyone else, Tae. You are my everything. I suck at good words, so bear with this crappy speech. I am ready to spend the rest of my life with you. I am ready for you to give me a life. You know that we both are lost and broken. I am ready to find myself with your help. I am ready to do it together. Do you wanna do it too, Tae?" Jungkook asked. 

He removed his hands from his face and brought out the ring. 

"I know how much you are yearning to see the ring right now, but I promise I will propose to you once again after your surgery, whenever it is. I don't care if it is never gonna happen, Tae. I love you. And nothing else matters to me. 

I don't want you to think you are going to be a burden for me, because you are going to be my stress-reliever. You already are. Your smile makes everything worth it, Tae. So please, will you marry me?" he asked again, placing the ring box on Taehyung's hand.

"Yes" Taehyung whispered as he pulled the ring out of the box and felt every inch of its surface. He returned the ring back to Jungkook. 

"I love it, I love you, and yes, I would love to see the ring, so I am going to kick your ass if you don't propose to me again after the surgery. But yeah, I love you and I am ready to explore this world together with you, Jeon Jungkook" Taehyung said. 

Jungkook took his hand gently and slipped the ring around his finger. He pulled Taehyung into a kiss that lasted for hours.

"You know what? This is not the only tattoo you made for me" he whispered. "Uhuh?" Taehyung asked. 

"There was a pretty ugly scar on my heart, Tae. You made a tattoo on it too. You made me look at it differently. You made it beautiful enough for me to be able to try forgetting the scar behind it. And I love you for that, Tae. You made The Tattoo on my Heart" Jungkook said, holding Taehyung's face. 

"Not gonna cry. Nope!! Not gonna cry at all" Taehyung muttered, shaking his head. Jungkook chuckled at him and pecked his lips again. 

"Let's go home. I can't wait to show this ring to Joon hyung" Taehyung said. "Sure" Jungkook grinned and got up to put the machine back in its shelf. 

..........................

"Hello, Joon!!"
"Hey, Ju"

"Joon! The surgery! We made a small mistake in the surgery, and we rectified it, and it worked, and Tae's gonna have it soon, and everything will b-"
"Hey, hey, hey, slow down a bit"
"That surgery!! We fixed it!! Bring Tae to the hospital next week. We will do it" she gushed through the words, too happy to maintain a human pace. 

"Okay....give me some time.....when exactly should I bring him?"
"Monday morning"
"Daegu, right?"
"Yeah"

"What about payment?" Namjoon asked. 
"After the surgery"
"Ohh okay"

"We are gonna admit him right after you bring him. The surgery will be on Tuesday. He will have to keep the bandage on till Thursday. We will remove it on Friday" Ju explained. 
"I can't believe this" Namjoon sniffled. 

"Wait for the silver lining!!"
"What?!" Namjoon asked.

"I told you that his sight is gonna be blurry and that his glasses are gonna work from now on, right? Well, we found out how to fix that, and everything is going to be fine. He won't need any glasses. He just shouldn't go out in the sun too much for a few days. Everything else will be fine" Ju said. 

"Thank you soo much, Ju. I can't believe this is finally happening. I will get him on Monday" Namjoon said. "Yeah, I gotta dash. I'll talk to you later, okay?" she said. "Okay, bye" he hung up.

He ran to Seokjin and hugged him tightly. "He will finally be fine, Jinnie" he whispered. "What?" Seokjin turned around. 

"Ju called just now. They found out what went wrong. Apparently, even his sight is gonna be completely fine after the surgery. She wants me to admit him on Monday" Namjoon said. "THAT'S AMAZING!! WE NEED TO CELEBRATE THIS!!!!" Seokjin exclaimed. 

"YESSSS" Namjoon yelled happily. 

"Did someone open the door just now?" Seokjin whispered. 

"Yeah, I guess" Namjoon whispered back and they ran to the living room with Seokjin's cricket bats, thinking they were going to have to deal with robbers, only to find Taehyung and Jungkook sitting on the couch as if they hadn't moved from it all day.

"Oh, it's you guys" Namjoon sighed and threw the bats behind the couch. 

"GUESS WHO'S ENGAGED!!!" Taehyung screamed, making Jungkook close his ears. "GUESS WHO'S GETTING A SURGERY!!!!" Namjoon screamed, making Seokjin close his ears. 

Soon, the room erupted into shouts of celebrations and congratulations.

"I am taking the next week off" Namjoon declared.
"So am I" Jungkook said.
"Me too" Seokjin said and they continued celebrating the happy news.