Chapter 7

You woke up in a strange room, suddenly remembering you were at Dios mansion. Your eyes felt baggy and your throat was dry. You rubbed your eyes and started to walk around the mansion again. As your turn to a corner, a lady with a red cape and a hood was standing there. She had grayish blueish hair and tan skin. You just decided to walk off until she yelled, "Hey! Come here!" You walked back curiously over to her.

"My name is Mariah and Lord Dio has told me a lot about you, you seem nice and all but I want you to do me a favor." She said looking down menacingly. "And that is?" You replied with a bad feeling crawling over you. "Stay away from him. He is mine and I want to get as close to him as possible, I want to mean everything to him. I want Lord Dio to be mine." Mariah held your shoulder. "If I ever see you with him, you will see what I will do." She scoffed and walked off. You rolled your eyes and walked off as well.

You walked around tracing your fingers along the cracks of the wall. You felt extremely bored. You decided to walk into random rooms. Though you thought it was not appropriate to do that. You honestly had nothing better to do. First, you walked into a big library with a computer on an old desk. Then, into a bathroom, that seemed quite luxurious. You saw a door of the other end of the hallway, it said Dio. You decided to walk in there and Dio was sitting down in a big chair, that looked like a throne. His legs were crossed and he was reading a book while resting his head on his fisted hand. He took a glance at you. You suddenly remembered what had happened with the maid. You didn't know what to do until Dio called your name, "____, come here." You walked over to him slowly and agitatedly. You could feel your body shake with fear.

             Dio stood up so both of you were facing each other. You were red faced as Dio crosses his arms. "I think you know that I saw you with the maid last night." Your heart was pounding and you breathed heavily. Your stomach growled with fear, instead of hunger. You nodded in agreement. Dio held your chin and said, "Just don't do it again, I forgive you. Don't go to them even if they are crying or dead, leave them alone." You nodded again, calming yourself down.

          As you walk out of the room, Mariah was standing there, yet she was holding a knife, tightly in her hands. Her arms were crossed, and she glared at you. You try to keep her out of your sight but then she grabbed your arm and pushed you against the wall holding the knife under your chin. "What did I tell you?" She growled. "How about you tell me?" Fear filled back up in your stomach. "N-Not to go to D-Di-" Mariah pushed the knife closer. "Exactly why didn't you listen!?" She hissed. You gulped as your body shook in fear but with a little bit of anger. You were more red faced than before. You felt tears coming, running down your cheeks. "I-I was walking into different rooms and then-"

        "Lies, Lies, Lies, Lies, LIES. All just lies, tell me the truth." You stopped and furiousness came upon you. "I said, I walked into different rooms then I saw Dios room. Would you believe me if I said I went in there myself?" Mariah cackled and said "Oh, your trying to play smart on me, acting mad!" You looked up glaring and you pushed her down the hardest you could. Mariah stood up quickly and pushed you down as well. Your head hit the other wall as blood came out. You felt your head and saw the blood with complete fear as you started to cry. Mariah cackled in an ugly way. "Crybaby much? Who's gonna save you?" Mariah cackled.

             The doors to Dios room swung open. Dio came out glaring at Mariah. "What happened?" Mariah put on a scared face and she said, "That girl, I saw her here and she was hurt! Oh! Lord Dio you must help her!"  You started to cry, knowing that Dio might believe her. Dio glared furiously as Mariah. "You know I know what happened." Mariah became shocked as she panicked. "Er, Why did you ask then?!" She yelled. "I just wanted to see if you were going to lie or not." Mariah started to cry as she sunk down to the floor. "Because I love you Lord Dio!" Dio chuckled. "But I don't" Mariah wiped her eyes. "Who do you love then?!" Dio suddenly looked you then back to Mariah. "Don't tell me you love a filthy dirty scumbag like her!" Dio clumped his hands into fists. "Don't call her that, or else leave." Mariah looked shocked as she stood up and ran. Dio walked over to you. "Would you like me to pick you up?" You shook your head and stood up shakily feeling your head. "Ah! It hurts!" Dio held you as you both walk to the healing room.

   You looked around the healing room. There were a bunch of medicines and beds. There was a blue light shining down the room. Dio had wrapped a bandage over your head. He fixed your ponytail and he put your hood up. "This will do for now." You turned around facing him. "Thank you!" You smiled as Dio chuckled. You both stared at each other until he leaned over to you and kissed you. You didn't seem much flushed as before and the kiss was longer than before. As he stopped, you looked to the side, red faced and hugged him. You suddenly realized how big he was compared to you and your short self. You give out a small chuckle and stood up. "Thank you, Dio" Dio smiled and walked away. Before he opened the door you stopped him and asked, holding his arm, "Dio, Do you love me?" You blushed. Dios eyes widened and he said "See for yourself." He smiled cutely as you let go of him and walked away. You nervously thought to yourself,   "See for yourself? What does he mean?" The evening came upon as you checked the time on your watch. You looked up, thinking there was more to come during this long visit.