Why I'm Removing Scorned and Accused

Start from the beginning

I can no longer in good conscience continue or support Scorned and Accused.

I know it brings up questions. Which parts can't you support? Is magic and fantasy against the Bible? Are dragons bad? What about all your loyal readers, some who paid to read Accused?

Because I love you all, I will aim to answer these questions. And please, if there are other any questions you want me to answer, put an inline comment here. I'll add the question and its explanation to this post. I'm going to try and give you the sound reasoning I came to after much thought and study. Please bear with me, and I hope this will answer some of the questions you all have.

Do you now believe that dragons are bad? And if so, why?

When I looked into this question, I used the Bible and the original text (usually Hebrew and Greek in this case) to come to my conclusion. I began to notice the various types of symbolism in the Bible.

I want to inform you all that I do agree with the theory that some dragons mentioned in the Bible are in fact possibly dinosaurs or extinct creatures. Remember the word 'dinosaur' was only coined in 1842, so it is possible the word 'dragon' was used for dinosaurs as we know them.

Here are a few examples in the King James Version (KJV). These are often translated into 'serpent' or 'sea serpent' in the newer translations, however, the King James manuscripts are the corroborated and is considered quite accurate to the original writings by historians and scholars (it is not a perfect translation, though). Below are some Bible verses that seem to indicate 'dragons' were a real animal.

➤ Psalm 74:13 states, "Though thou hast sore broken us in the place of dragons, and covered us with the shadow of death."

- Here the Hebrew word used is 'תַּן' or 'tanniyn', which literally means 'dragon' (21x times in the KJV) and secondarily 'serpent' (3x), sometimes even 'sea monster' (1x).

➤ Deuteronomy 32:33 says, "Their wine is the poison of dragons, and the cruel venom of asps."

- Again the same Hebrew word 'תַּן' or 'tanniyn' is used here.

➤ Isaiah 13:22 tells us, "And the wild beasts of the islands shall cry in their desolate houses, and dragons in their pleasant palaces: and her time is near to come, and her days shall not be prolonged."

- Once more, the Hebrew word 'תַּן' or 'tanniyn' is used here. Literally meaning 'dragon'.

➤ Isaiah 34:13 then states, "And thorns shall come up in her palaces, nettles and brambles in the fortresses thereof: and it shall be an habitation of dragons, and a court for owls."

- Once again, the Hebrew word 'תַּן' or 'tanniyn' is used here.

➤ Jeremiah 51:37 says, "And Babylon shall become heaps, a dwelling place for dragons, an astonishment, and an hissing, without an inhabitant."

- The same Hebrew word is used for dragon.

➤ Micha 1:8 concludes with, "Therefore I will wail and howl, I will go stripped and naked: I will make a wailing like the dragons, and mourning as the owls."

- This verse also uses the same Hebrew word.

As we can clearly see here, it seems that the Bible uses dragons as a reference to a seemingly real animal. Whether they were dinosaurs or another species entirely, no one can say for certain.

But as I looked deeper, I started to notice something more sobering.

Dragons were almost always represented as an 'unclean animal', a creature of destruction and mourning or used to represent Satan himself. Let's take a closer look.