Conffession

*Röbby’s P.O.V.*

I had to… I had to do it.

No matter how much I might regret it, Charlee was right.

I had to talk to Chad.

I walked back into the living room from the kitchen where I was washing the dishes from dinner, and I sat down on the couch next to Chad. He gave me a bit of an annoyed look since he was sitting on the end and I decided against sitting at the other, but I didn’t move. Although, it did make me think. Maybe I shouldn’t talk to him right now? He’s not in a very good mood, obviously…

But this was important. I can’t be making excuses. I need him, and he needs me whether he realizes it or not.

“Chad.” I said quietly. I looked at him and he was just staring at the TV, arms crossed and completely ignoring me. “Chad.” I repeated slightly louder, and he side-glanced at me briefly before looking at the TV again.

“What?” he asked, making it sound more like a statement. I played with my fingers nervously as I looked around the room. Was I really going to do this?

I shifted so I was facing Chad more, looking right at him. “I need to talk to you.”

A few moments passed by before he said anything. “Ok…?”

I sighed. “Please look at me.”

He was silent again, but then let out a louder sigh and turned off the TV before turning to me, looking like he was anything but happy. I couldn’t blame him though. He hasn’t had much reason to be happy lately… but I wanted to change that. I had to.

“Chad…” I took a deep breath, then looked him in the eyes. I had no idea how to do this and I was starting to wish that I had talked to Charlee a bit more to figure it out how. “There’s something… that I’ve really been wanting to tell you. I’ve just been too scared, because I… I don’t know, how you’re going to react. I know… that you’ve been very upset about a lot of things lately, and I haven’t wanted to make anything worse for you. I just think, that maybe, if I told you what I want to tell you, that it might make things easier. I don’t know, I just… I want you to be happy, Chad. I want what’s best for you and Skylar, and I want you to know that anything and everything I do is in the best interest for you two.”

With that, Chad had a frown on his face. “What did you do?”

I couldn’t help but briefly chuckle. “I didn’t do anything… in fact, it’s what I haven’t done that’s bothering me. Chad…” I shook my head as I took a deep breath, not knowing if I could do this. I was so scared that Chad was going to be angry and kick me out, when all I wanted was to make him happy and be there for him and his baby.

“What is it?” he asked, seeming more curious than impatient like thought he might be. I looked at him, tears threatening to come to my eyes. The thoughts of what could happen were bothering me to no end. Nonetheless, I held them back and took another deep breath.

“I love you.” I said, just coming right out it. He just frowned a bit and I continued, but the more I spoke, the closer I got to crying. “I-I’m in love with you, Chad. I want to be with you… and I know that you’re scared, and you don’t want to be in another relationship, but I promise you that I would never, ever hurt you. You know that. I just…” I paused to wipe away a tear that was starting to fall down my face. “I want you to know that I love you, and I’m here for you. You don’t need to be scared about losing me, or anything. I need you just as much as you need me.”