"Hmm.." she said and called her father from his phone.

She got to know from Naitik that Kartik recieved his call in morning and they talked. The first time in these 3 months, Kartik talked to her father.

"Aapne subah papa se baat ki?" She asked.

"Haan.. why?"

"Papa ko aapse baat karke bohot accha laga. Humare shaadi ke baad pehli baar aapne papa se baat ki. Woh bohot khush the.."

He looked at her and she smiled.

"Waise.. ek aur baat karni thi aapse.." she said.

"Jaldi bolo. I am getting late for office." he said while getting ready for office.

"Umm.. Thanks for bringing me home yesterday. Actually..." said Naira but interrupted by him.

"It's okay Naira. I am leaving. Aur tumhe aaj office aane ki zarurat nahi hai." he said and left for office.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

She turned off the stove as soon as she heard the landline ringing.

"Hello?" said Naira.

"Yeah Naira? Where is Dad?" asked Kartik.

"He left for office half an hour ago. Why?" She asked.

"Actually there is an important meeting scheduled in 20 minutes and I forgot the file in our house only. And.. umm.." said Kartik.

"And what?" asked Naira.

"Driver bhi chutti pe hai toh.." said Kartik.

"Hmmm okay. I am bringing the file in office right now." said Naira.

"But tum akele?..." he said.

"It's okay. Cab leke aa jaungi. Don't worry." said Naira.

"Okay but please be fast. Clients already aa chuke hai and 20 minute mein meeting start ho jaayegi. Jaldi aana.." he said and she disconnected the call and left for office immediately taking the file.

She took a cab but there was a lot of traffic jam on the road. After sometime, she saw there was only 5 minutes left for the meeting. So she went out of the cab and started running. But unfortunately, she twisted her leg and fell down on the road.

"Oh God! Meeting has already started maybe. What should I do now" she said and tried to stand up but failed miserably.

And here, Kartik was in the meeing waiting for Naira to bring the file so that he can discuss the deal with the clients.

"We have another meeting in one hour Mr Goenka. Please start the meeting so that we can discuss the deal.." said one of the clients.

"Mr. Robin, Actually I forgot the file in my house and my wife is bringing it. She should be here anytime. Please wait for 5 minutes more." he said and looked at the watch.

"Where are you Naira? Jaldi aao.." he thought.

After sometime,

Naira entered the office with the file running. She saw the meeting room empty so she went to Kartik's cabin and saw him sitting on his chair. She went towards him and handed him the file.

"I am.. I am sorry Kartik. I got late because of traffic jam. Meeting shuru nahi hui abhi tak? Thank God!" she said while huffing.

"Shut up! Just shut up. You knew that this meeting was so important for us!! But because of you, We lost the deal! The clients were so fed up with us! I told you that the meeting was in 20 minutes. But you have come here after 45 minutes. You know how much insulted I felt that time?" shouted Kartik on her.

"Bass Kartik! First of all, I didn't know about this meeting. And second, if this meeting was so important, how did you forget to take the file? Haan?" asked she in the same pitch.

"Because I was lost in the morning incident with you. Thats why I forgot to take the file.." he said but later realisied what he was saying.

"Which incident?" She asked confusingly.

"Woh.. you were ill in the morning na? Umm that's why. Anyways, it's still your fault that we lost the deal." he said pointing at her.

"How am I being blamed for it? And I told you that there was a lot off traffic jam on the road and I also twisted my leg while running to the office. I even apologised to you after...." said Naira but got interrupted by Manish.

"What are you both creatinga scene here? Pure office mein humgama macha ke rakh diya hai! What is this behaviour?" shouted Manish at them.

"Sorry Dad" apologised Naira but Kartik kept standing there twisting his lips.

"What happened here will anyone tell me?" asked Manish.

Kartik narrated the whole situation and Manish said,
"Are you mad Kartik? Why are blaming Naira for this situation? It's completely your fault here. Yeh bechari bhag bhag ke office aayi tumhe file dene ke liye and you are shouting at her? You should be thankful to her at least woh file toh laayi! And she is you God damn wife Kartik! Learn to respect her and your relation with her." shouted Manish and went out of the office.

Naira too went to her cabin, unaware of the upcoming tsunami in her life.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Vote and comment😘♥️