Chapter Twelve

I struggled against Jason's hold, his hands were huge, so it was quite easy for him to be able to wrap his fingers around my neck. He had pushed me so that my back was pressed against the wall, with my feet dangling off the ground.

I miss the younger years, when I used to be taller than Jason... but as we both aged, my cousin bulked up and outgrew me by the time we hit our teens. We were the same age, both born on the same day, myself a few hours before Jason, but he was premature by a few weeks. People would easily confuse Jason to be two to three years older than myself, though. His face seemed to mature a whole lot faster than mine would.

"Woah! Hey, get your hands off my teammate." Luke growled from behind Jason.

My cousin still had his grip firm around my neck, glaring down at me with pure hatred, it felt like.

"Its family business," Jason snorted back at Luke, "Stay out of it before your teeth are wired shut."

I scoffed at my larger cousin, his muscles bulging as his body tensed. Its not like I was happy to see him either.

Stupid Luke, no wonder he wanted me to come with him. What did he think would happen in this kind of situation?

"So, little Cuzzy," Jason seethed as he loosened his grip, allowing my feet to touch the ground again, "Why the fuck are you here?"

I glared back at him, rubbing my neck to soften the stiffness.

From the moment we were born, we were always competing with each other. But, Jason had a habit of breaking rules, unlike myself.

"Our teams are versing, dipshit." I spat, slowly feeling light headed from the lack of blood reaching my head, "I'm more surprised they allowed you to travel with your record-"

Jason growled, slamming my back against the wall behind me, the impact causing me to hiss in pain. 

"Stay out of the way this time, Justin." Jason seethed, "Or you'll end up severely regretting it." and within seconds, he dropped me to the floor, and swiftly left, leaving Luke to pull me back to my feet.

"Shit, I'm sorry, I should have tackled him-" Luke rambled, but I simply shook my head, waving him off.

"Trust me, I'm fine." I rolled my eyes at Luke, doing my best not to get too overworked right now. 

I would chase Jason, and knock his ass out - but there is a slight chance that he could overpower me and beat me to a pulp... which wouldn't be the first time my cousin has done so.

You see, Jason and my rivalry with him began when we were pretty young. It started with playing PlayStation games, which would always end up in the both of us overly competing with one another for the top spot; then escalated to school, who did better in a certain subject, who could win more medals on Sports-Day.

For a good year, we did get along, and that was the day we both signed up for our local Soccer team. We both got in, and it was great to finally be able to be on the same team as my cousin, instead of us always going head to head. But all great things come to an end.

I hated the dirty moves my cousin would make on the field. He didn't care who got injured, because he was so quick witted, and fast that referees would barely notice the small things he would do to purposely trip the opposing team.

I finally had enough one day, and spoke up to the coach about it... and well, funnily enough, the coach on S.B Hooligans did not give a single damn about my cousins reckless playing. He told me to toughen up, and stop worrying so much about what Jason was doing, and instead focus on myself.

Which I did... and boy was that a mistake. I became so aggressive on the field, annoyance growing that my cousin was able to get away with so much, and I almost became a spitting image of Jason. Double Trouble, is what they would call us.