She waited for a few minutes until finally, Bruce's car arrived. The doorman of the building opened the door for her to get in. " Hey," she said while sitting down. " Hi, you look good," Bruce replied.

Skylar blushed as a smile appeared. " Thanks," she mumbled. " Have your friends arrived?" she asked. He nodded. " Yeah, they'll meet us at the event," he replied. " Okay," she said.

On the way, Bruce told her about the event, who would be there and what would happen. It was supposed to be a short one apparently. About two hours. At 7.30 PM, the mayor would give a speech about the city and the importance of the day than the rest would be spent with accepting donations.

When the car slowed down at the entrance Skylar gulped, seeing all of the paparazzi lined up. Bruce got out first then held out his hand for Skylar. She took it reluctantly and stepped out. The paparazzi immediately started calling Bruce's name, asking for him to pose, quote and answer questions.

" Is she your girlfriend, Mr.Wayne?" Someone shouted and Skylar turned to Bruce. " What's wrong?" he asked her softly. She shook her head. " Aren't you worried, that, uhm, they'll print the pictures of us together?"

" Would that make you uncomfortable?" he asked. She shrugged. " I just don't like having attention drawn to me," she mumbled. Bruce smiled. " No need to worry, I probably own the news outlet they work for," he smirked.

Skylar looked at him in shock then giggled. " Sure, should've guessed that," she said as they started to walk into a crowd. Bruce had Skylar on his arm, leading the way while he greeted people. " Ah, there they are," he mumbled.

The pair walked up to a couple. The man was tall and very muscular. The woman next to him had dark hair, and she looked very familiar. They were talking and laughing when Bruce and Skylar stopped next to them. " Hope your flight to Gotham went well," Bruce said.

The man smiled. " Could've been less bumpy but we made it," he replied. " By the way Bruce, thank you for arranging the hotel for us, you didn't have to," the woman spoke up. " No problem," he muttered.

The man and woman's attention was now on Skylar. " Skylar this is Clark Kent and Lois Lane from the Daily Planet. Guys, this is Skylar Jones," Bruce introduced. Skylar smiled as she shook both of their hands.

" Okay, now that we're all here, what's everyone drinking?" Clark asked to the group. No one spoke up. He smiled, " Great, I'll pick it then, Bruce?" he asked and the men walked away. Skylar was alone with Lois.

She smiled at her to turn down her awkwardness. " I've heard a bit about you from Clark, you used to live in Metropolis, right?" she asked. Skylar nodded. " Yes, I studied there before transferring here to GU," she said.

" By the way, I use to read Daily Planet a lot, I think I've read some of your pieces," Skylar said. " I really liked them," she added. Lois smiled. " Thanks, I love my job, it's exciting, " she replied. Then Bruce and Clark came back with the drinks and Skylar took a deep breath.

For some reason, she was very excited to meet them. Bruce's friends. Normally she wouldn't be like this, she was very relaxed and natural when it came to meeting new people but now, she wanted them to like her and not embarrass Bruce.

The four of them were having small talk, Skylar chiming in occasionally, when a familiar man walked upon the stage. She knew his face from the news, he was the mayor. " Good evening everyone, I would like to start by thanking everyone who came out today. As you know, today is a very important day for our city,"

The mayor talked for roughly five minutes. As he was coming down and people were clapping someone approached the four. " I'm sorry to interrupt, Mr.Wayne if I could have a word with you real quick?" the man asked. Bruce nodded and started walking with him.