Chapter 7- "Maid of Honor"

Bea's Pov

I woke up the next morning around 9, feeling cold. I rolled over onto my back and realized Ryder was missing. I sat up, disappointed he wasn't there. I noticed that there was a note on my bedside table. It read:

Beatrice,

I went to go talk to your father. You can join us once you feel like it. Try to make it down by 9:20, we'll be talking about our marriage plans. I want the day to be about us after, we can watch a movie or do whatever you want. Make sure you eat something, I want you to feel well, Princess. I'm so happy I got a mate like you. I'll see your beautiful face in a bit.

Prince Ryder Emanuel O'Dair

I smiled at his letter, it was a sweet gesture. I hauled myself out of bed and dressed in a pair of light wash skinny jeans, a loose, light pink spaghetti tank top and my white leather jacket. I brushed through my hair and left it straight. I pulled on my light pink ballet flats and left the room.

I skipped all the way down to my Father's office. Songlets greeted me on the way. I reached the office door and tapped lightly once.

"Come in." I heard my Father say.

I stepped in and shut the door behind me. My father was sitting at his large oak desk and Ryder was on his left, sitting in my spinney chair. "Take a seat, Beatrice." My dad said again, looking up from his work. I waltzed over and plopped myself down on Ryder's lap.

Dad didn't mind. PDA was common for mates. Of course he didn't like that I found Ryder, but he's gotten over it. "Good morning to both of you." I said with a smile.

They both said thank you and we began to work. The wedding was set to take place in one week. Both kingdoms would be joined for the first time in decades. For the future there was an agreement signed by every alpha of every songlet pack and everyone of my packs saying that we would working in harmony. Ryder's packs would be moving in three days, the time was moved sooner due to the incoming threats of war. Dad and Ryder argued over that decision if I should be marked before or after the wedding, but I immediately ended the conversation. It was mine and Ryder's choice when I will be marked.

We had been working for for 2 hours when I began to realize something. Ryder was overprotective, cold and almost a completely different person when he was in front of someone other than me. He was confident and cocky, of course. But he was much more mature and final. I couldn't say it wasn't sexy, but it also scared me.

My stomach growled at 12:30 and I remembered that I hadn't eaten since the night before. "Princess, you need food. Go and grab some." Ryder said, hearing the embarrassing sound. I shook my head and turned back to the layout of the packs that we were giving one last once over. "Go." Ryder said harshly. I flinched at his tone and turned around to face him, "No, I don't want food. We are in the middle of an activity and I would like to finish it."

He growled and my Dad growled at him for growling at me. I then growled at both of them. "Shut up both of you. I'm not hungry, don't start with it." I huffed and turned back to the map. After another 15 minutes of looking over it, I decided it was time for me to go.

"Alright, I'm going to meet up with Macy and get something to eat. Ryder, just mind link me when you're done here." I kissed my Ftaher's cheek and lightly pecked Ryder's lips.

I mind linked Macy on my way down to the lunch hall.

'Mac, you up for shopping soon? I gotta pick out a wedding dress and I need to ask you a question.'

I instantly got a reply, 'O-M-G! Yes! Meet down at the lunch hall? I'm starving!' Her voice was excited and extremely loud.

'Already on my way down.' I answered back and cut off the mindlink. I arrived at the hall and piled my plate high, greeting servants and pack members at the same time. The hall was almost empty and the royal's table was barren. I sat down and began eating. Four minutes later, Macy walked in and filled her plate with a ginormous amount of food.

"Holy crap. What, are you never going to eat again or something?" I asked sarcastically as she sat down. She faked glared and shoveled the food into her mouth. "Actually, we need to talk." Macy said nervously.

I immediately became serious and waited for her to continue.

"I'm pregnant." She said and I choked on the eggs I had in my mouth. "WHAT?!?! Macy! That's great!"

She stayed quiet. "Mac, what's wrong?" She sighed and began to speak, "Bea, they're twins. I'm two months along. No one knows. I mean, what if I am a horrible mother? What if Liam doesn't want them?"

I grabbed ahold of her hand,"Macy, you're going to be a great mother and of course Liam wants them!"

"I'm never going to be as good as you though." She said. "Oh shush. Everything is going to be okay! First you have to tell your mom, Liam and then Ryder. I can be with you through all of them, okay?"

She nodded and smiled, "Thank you, Beatrice. You're an amazing best friend." it was funny, I've known macy for three days and she's become my best friend. She was my best friend. Kaylee was out of the picture. I smiled. "So, what did you want to ask me?" She asked.

"Do you want to be my maid of honor?" I said.

"Yes! Oh Bea, I would love to!!" Macy screamed in excitement. I smiled and we continued small talk until we were done eating. We set our plates in the kitchen and went down the hallway.
"I think you should tell your mom now." I said to Mac.

She nodded nervously and we started walking towards Queen Cassandra's room. Macy knocked and the Queen told us to come in.

"Mom, I need to talk to you. " Macy said as her and I sat down at round table in the corner of the room. Cassandra came out of the bathroom and laid down on the bed. "Yes darling? Oh! And Bea, Ryder told you you're going wedding dress shopping today?"
I nodded, "Yes, will you come please? I could really use your input with my designer, Marcy." She answered with an excited 'yes' and I turned back to Macy. She was looking super nervous.

"Mom... I'm pregnant with twins." She said quietly. Cassandra jumped off the bed and screeched with excitement. "Oh my baby girl is growing up!! Aw! Macy I'm so excited for you!" Macy started laughing at her Mothers excitement and so did I. "How far along are you?" She asked.

"Two months, Ma." Macy answered. Werewolf pregnancies only last around 5 months. So Macy had 3 months left. she would start showing soon. "I still need to tell Liam." Cassandra and I both agreed and we all left to find him. Macy went back to her room once we figured out that he was there. Cassandra and I stayed in my library talking about my wedding.

"Are you nervous?" She asked me as we sat in the white chairs facing a huge window showing off the closest packs. "Hell yes. I barely know Ryder. I know I love him, but his power and mood change very quickly and it scares me." I stared out the window. "I understand, doll. But just know that Ryder will never hurt you." I nodded as she spoke.

"So what colors are you planning to use in the wedding?" Cassandra asked. "Ryder and I fought on this, but ultimately I won. It's Spring, so I chose a light pink and a pastel purple. The flowers are going to be white and pink roses." Cassandra smiled,"That's my girl. Those colors will be gorgeous."

We continued talking for about an hour until Macy ran in with a huge smile on her face, "He was so happy!!" I smiled at her,"That's great, Mac! I told you he would be happy!" Cassandra stayed quiet, but smiling.

"Only two more people to tell..." I said, "Ryder and Thomas."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Hey!! I'm sorry for the wait. I'm over a month late. I'm also sorry for the crappy chapter. Love you guys. Until next time , smooches.