The elder raised one of his eyebrows while he turned his body a little. "Don't say that. You're not bad at everything else. Sure you're not the best fighter we have, but you're an amazing nurse according to Jin. You've been a friend to us all and you've managed to get our Jungkook to see life on the bright side again."

The blonde frowned a little, not catching on what Namjoon meant by his last words. Sure he and Jungkook had grown really close, but making him see the bright side of life again? He wasn't sure that's exactly what he had done for the younger. "I...."

"After his mother died Jungkook has never been the same......he's different.....really different." Namjoon started to explain. "At least he was.....until you came along." Taehyung frowned his eyebrows even more at that statement, he did what?

"Ever since Jungkook's mother died he became reckless, not caring about anyone or anything at all. He turned into a rebel, looking for fights everywhere just to get his emotions out. He didn't smile anymore, only spoke when needed and ignored us all for a long time." A soft sigh left Namjoon's mouth, the memory of it all clearly not being a good one.

"That all changed when you came along Taehyung, he cares. He genuinely cares about everything again, mostly about you though. The smile is back on his face and he has something to fight for again. I won't say you've replaced what his mother sparked in him but you've definitely sparked something in the old Jungkook without realising it probably." The smile slowly returned to Namjoon's face, his eyes shortly making contact with Taehyung's.

"I...I don't know what to say. We've just grown close to each other, I didn't know." Taehyung stuttered softly, his cheek still hurting with every word he said.

"I've known Jungkook ever since we were little, trust me when I say he's gone through hell. The death of his mother was the worst thing that could happen to him but still it happened. I've never seen him smile since that day, but ever since you're here he's smiling again. You're making him happy Taehyung, you don't realise it yourself but you are exactly what Jungkook needed. You are without a doubt the best thing that has happened to him in a long time." Another smile makes his way up on Namjoon's face, his eyes almost sparkling at the fact Taehyung made such a thing happen to the one he saw as his little brother.

Taehyung's eyes moved over Namjoon's face, not seeing any hints that the elder was lying to him. He never saw himself as the one who got Jungkook to where he was though. To be honest Taehyung didn't even know Jungkook had changed that much. Sure the Jungkook he now knew was a complete different Jungkook than the one he first met at the prison but he had always believed it was due to the fact they had become friends and got to know each other over time. He never would have believed it if they had told him it was because of Taehyung himself, to be fair he still didn't believe he made all of this happen. There was no way him being around Jungkook had changed the younger so much.

Namjoon slowly got up from the couch, reaching his hand out a little to make Taehyung press the ice pack back against his cheek. "Jungkook will be here in a second, he's probably worried sick about you."

Just as Namjoon had finished his sentence the front door opened with a loud bang, not a second later revealing a panting Jungkook. Without giving it a second thought Jungkook ran up towards Taehyung, dropping down on his knees before him while he started to check him for any injuries. "Are you okay?"

Taehyung looked down at the younger, the raven haired still checking everywhere on Taehyung's body. Worried eyes switching from one place to another while his hands softly touched all the placed on Taehyung's body.

Taehyung slowly reached out at Jungkook with his free arm, stopping him from all his actions while their eyes found each other. "I'm fine, my cheek and head hurt but Namjoon took care of it. There's nothing to worry about Kook."

A soft sigh left Jungkook's mouth, Taehyung slowly standing up himself. The blonde's action immediately followed by Jungkook. "I just wanna go home and get some sleep to be honest."

Taehyung saw how Jungkook searched his eyes for any form of discomfort, once again making sure the elder really was okay. With a soft smile Taehyung placed a small kiss on Jungkook's lips, hoping the action would calm the younger somewhat down. "Please, I'm okay. Let's go home."

With a soft nod Jungkook agreed to the elder's request, placing his hand around Taehyung's free one while he started to make his way out of the apartment. With one last look Taehyung gave Namjoon a soft smile while mouthing a thanks towards him before he left the apartment after Jungkook.

With eyes filled with care Namjoon saw the two leave. "You of all people have nothing to thank me for Taehyung, I should be the one thanking you."

____

A/N

Question of the week:
What's your favourite BTS quote/catchphrase/line?

Please show some love for the story by:
* Voting
* Commenting

Follow my account if you want to keep updated about the story and to get a little sneak peak of the next chapter.