Chapter 11: Agreement

Shizuo woke up feeling warm.
He soon realised that Izaya was curled on his chest.

He was confused.

Then he remembered, and was very happy.

Then, he was confused again, as Izaya rose and left his arms. He didn't want him to leave. Ever.

He reached out in sleepiness, murmuring a vague "come 'ere", but the ravenette only chuckled and headed toward the door of the flat.

Shizuo understood, when Izaya returned with their take away sushi. The moment Izaya set the boxes on the table, the blond reached out and pulled him back onto his lap.
They ate in pretty comfortable silence, which naturally Izaya had to break.

"You're clingy when you're sleepy."

"Yeah." Sighed Shizuo. "I won't be the easiest of boyfriends."

"Boyfriends?" Izaya said cautiously.

Shizuo chuckled. "Yeah. You're mine now, flea. I've no intentions of letting you go."

Izaya flushed under his gaze. "How do you say things...like that so easily!"

"Because your reaction is cute, Izaya." Shizuo grinned.

The ravenette pouted, and rose to escape, so Shizuo calmly followed, trapping him between his arms easily before he reached the stairs.

"You're still too weak to dodge me huh?"

Izaya began insulting him, but was silenced when Shizuo leaned down and kissed and bit softly at his neck.
The bodyguard liked how Izaya shivered at his touch. Though he reluctantly let go when the informant pulled away.

Crimson eyes met hazel.

"Though," began Izaya with a shy smile, "I'd love to see where you were taking that...I don't think my body is recovered yet."

Izaya strode in an exaggerated imitation of his evil persona, smirking back at the blond, "I'm a god in mind not body, Protozoan."

Sighing in disappointment, Shizuo followed him back over toward the sofa.

"In...in that case Izaya, can you explain how...how we got to this point? Do you feel you can do that?"

Izaya was about to sit on the opposite sofa, but at these words he rose and moved forward, depositing himself on Shizuo's lap.

"I think if I'm here...it'll be okay." He said hesitantly, and Shizuo swallowed as his heart nearly flat lined at the words, pulling the informant close.

"It's hard to explain."

Izaya took a deep breath.

"When I was ten years old, I was walking home with my sisters. He...he came at us with a knife. I got in front and,"

Izaya gently raised his shirt, and guided Shizuo's finger across a jagged white scar.

"I fell, and could only watch...as...as..." the ravenette took another steadying breath and Shizuo pulled him closer. "He killed them."

Shizuo didn't speak for a time, images of his brother bleeding out flooded his mind.

"In that moment...I resolved to make sure no one would ever face that again. You may have gathered that I'm quite smart."

Shizuo snorted, smart hardly covered it.

"I'm a double agent working for the police force."

"WHAT!"

Izaya yelped, and Shizuo realising he'd gripped the guy too tightly, let go.

"Y-yeah...uprooting organised crime isn't simple, but if the police know what's going on, they can control what happens and what doesn't, minimising damage. I control what information goes to almost all criminal organisations in Tokyo and to some extent the rest of Japan. I'm as undercover as it gets. I spent my spare time befriending the suicidal and mentally ill and either manipulating them to help or hearing their plans and giving the police heads up."

"You've been completely isolated...living a lie for how long?"

"I got in contact with the police and set up my persona at the start of high school."
"And you had no one..."

"I couldn't handle it alone anymore. I was going to give the police everything I had and then let the evil and normal Orihara Izayas die."

Izaya's voice was soft and sad. Shizuo rested his chin on the smooth raven hair.

"Who knows about this?"

"Only the top of the top in the police force, and government. And you."

"So you've been carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders...surely Shinra knows?"

"Has no idea. I've had to keep everyone I care about as distant as I can. Throughout all these years there has only been one person capable enough to survive near me."

"Me." Said Shizuo.

"Yeah... pretty fucking lucky this happened, huh?" Chuckled Izaya, lightly kissing away Shizuo's remaining guilt.
"You know...I could do with a bodyguard around."

"Oh? Any requirements?"

"Tall, strong, intimidating...blond."

"Smoking allowed?"

"Nope."

"Damn. Seems you'll have to find someone else."

"Shizuo!"

"Pay better be good."

Izaya raised his eyebrows.

"I'm sure that can be arranged" he said softly, letting the words roll of his tongue in an almost a purr. Then he leaned back, baring his neck slightly, and spreading his legs suggestively, the overall effect making the blond groan.

"Consider me hired." Said Shizuo, pulling the knife Izaya had dropped all that time ago, and placed it flat onto Izaya's open palm, before pulling him in for a slow kiss.
The first of many.